Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: College Laptop

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this is pretty basic, but I don't know so I have to ask. I'm getting a laptop for law school and the two monitors idea seems like it would be very nice for research and writting papers. How exactly does the setup work? Is it something like: 1 laptop + 1 external monitor + 1 usb cord + 1 power cord = 2 monitor setup? Would I need to install any other software to be able to utilize dual program viewing? I'm guessing my mouse would be usable on both screens?

Any advice would be appreciated. Any links where I could read up on this?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't think of that... pretty much every modern laptop will allow a dual display. So I guess just make sure your laptop has dual display capability and buy a 2nd monitor.

Windows will support it natively and the necessary cords (VGA or DVI and power) will be included with the purchase of another monitor.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this is pretty basic, but I don't know so I have to ask. I'm getting a laptop for law school and the two monitors idea seems like it would be very nice for research and writting papers. How exactly does the setup work? Is it something like: 1 laptop + 1 external monitor + 1 usb cord + 1 power cord = 2 monitor setup? Would I need to install any other software to be able to utilize dual program viewing? I'm guessing my mouse would be usable on both screens?

Any advice would be appreciated. Any links where I could read up on this?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't think of that... pretty much every modern laptop will allow a dual display. So I guess just make sure your laptop has dual display capability and buy a 2nd monitor.

Windows will support it natively and the necessary cords (VGA or DVI and power) will be included with the purchase of another monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont rly need software (assuming ur computer isnt stone age type stuff). but downloading a copy of UltraMon will rly allow u to fully use ur 2nd monitor. (google it, and find the cracker online).

2+ monitors is very crucial
Old 05-26-2007, 04:25 AM

Macbook Pro, Dual-Boot Windows FTW!