Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Live 3/6 QQ in SB

Very Passive tight 3/6 table(oxymoron?) that when someone raised PF there are more folds than normal(I didn't stay too long). I have been the lone PF raiser and the table(mostly weak tight older guys) is a bit scared of me this early.

About the 7th hand in or so, no strong reads yet, just weak tighties it seems.

4 old limpers to Hero in the SB with Qd Qc who raises, BB(seems tight so far) Folds, other limpers call.

Flop comes Ad 4h 5h, Hero bets, 3 callers, Turn is 7d, Hero bets, all 3 call again, River comes 3d, Hero checks, MP1 bets, other 2 call, Hero folds. Maybe a bad fold eh?Can't imagine that my hand is good here. Is this a flop that it not worth even betting with 4 older passive tight guys along with that Ace there? Is this worth a 1 bet river call as played in this pot? I hate folding on the end for a bet but my instinct and past experiences with older tight passive guys told me to eject.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Live 3/6 QQ in SB

Against players like this, I would give up on the turn. With 3 callers, I don't think your hand will be good often enough to show a profit and you won't bet them off an ace.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Live 3/6 QQ in SB

as played, definitely c/f river.

turn bet is meh. i would think weak-tighties would fold without some piece of this board, so with 3 callers it's likely someone has an A.

still, it's hard to give up on our pair-much-bigger-than-2nd-pair when no one has shown any strength, when you can't call a bet if you check, and when there are a few draws available for our opponents to have. so i say [censored] it and bet as the last money i put in.