Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Brag: Blazers 1st pick

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, do you realy think Oden is going to be an effective center? He was bigger than everyone in college, but that is going to change in the NBA. Durant also put up the same rebounding numbers as him. I think Durant is going to be a franchise player, I just dont think I can say the same for Oden.

[/ QUOTE ]

lemme get this point across. i was being sarcastic and comparing taking oden over durant to taking bogut over etc and darko over etc just because of the position instead of the actual talent.

that said, oden is an AMAZING defender at 19, very raw. give him a couple of years for him to become polished and he can easily be one the best big man defenders in the nba (still not sold on his offense).

durant is far better overall though and will have a greater career, and if it were up to me i'd take him first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I am not saying Oden is a bum. I am just saying Durant is going to be SO good.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Durant is awesome. He will probably make the Sportscenter Top 10 more often than Oden. Oden, however, will win a championship some time down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. DUCY
Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 PM

another thing to consider, osu still had conley. durant singlehandedly lifted texas from unranked to final four contender, and were it not for that fluke ass game against usc that i STILL can't believe happened, durant might be the undisputed #1. the blazers can't go wrong no matter who they take, ditto for seattle, both will have great careers, but the notion that centers win championships is retarded...they help, but just because oden plays center doesn't mean he'll win a title before durant.

EDIT: for reference, see miami/detroit/whoever comes out of the east this year
Old 05-25-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Durant is awesome. He will probably make the Sportscenter Top 10 more often than Oden. Oden, however, will win a championship some time down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. DUCY

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense, Durant makes the flashy plays while Oden wins.

Its kinda like: Vick makes the sportcenter top 10, but Brady wins the SB.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: for reference, see miami/detroit/whoever comes out of the east this year

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll just lose to the tim duncan headed spurs...
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 PM

I will pose this argument by pitting Shaq vs Kobe a dominent center and a dominant shooting guard. Without Shaq the lakers sucked Kobe was helpless. Without Kobe Shaq still owned.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another thing to consider, osu still had conley. durant singlehandedly lifted texas from unranked to final four contender, and were it not for that fluke ass game against usc that i STILL can't believe happened, durant might be the undisputed #1. the blazers can't go wrong no matter who they take, ditto for seattle, both will have great careers, but the notion that centers win championships is retarded...they help, but just because oden plays center doesn't mean he'll win a title before durant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Here is an analogy. John Kruk said that John Garland deserved to in the 2005 CY Young award at one point of the season due to the fact that he led the league in wins (16). Even though his individual stats such as ERA and WHIP were considerably lower than other pitchers, Kruker though he should get the award because he won games. But why was him winning games? Because he was among the top in the league in run support and the team's relievers were great.

Oden had much better teammates. Durant played more minutes, points, assets, and higher free throw percentage, with teams not having to worry about his teammates as much. Also considering that Oden wont be that big in the NBA, I think not taking Durant is a big mistake.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 PM

Tim Duncan and Shaq win all the championships. The only player who makes an exception to this is Jordan and he is kind of a special case lol.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will pose this argument by pitting Shaq vs Kobe a dominent center and a dominant shooting guard. Without Shaq the lakers sucked Kobe was helpless. Without Kobe Shaq still owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

without kobe shaq did barely [censored]. wade was the reason the heat won that title.

better still: without kobe/without wade shaq blew a 3-2 lead against the pistons in the eastern finals.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, you can't compare Shaq to Oden. Shaq is the questionably most dominant player of all time.