Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Poker software using too much memory

Hi I use PokerOffice while i'm 8 tabling $60 turbos on stars. Often, it will cause my computer to crash as this program seems to use lots of memory on my computer. Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do to create more memory on my computer? Thanks
Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Poker software using too much memory

Make sure that you close all other software that you do not need (msn messenger, web browsers, any software running in your system tray that you dont need.)

Or depending on what your needs of poker office are, you could turn of live tracker and just import hand histories when your done. If you want opponent modeling/odds calculations you could try one of the other more robust programs, holdem indicator is what I use for odds calculation and opponent modelling, it seems to use less memory than poker office.

Btw well done on being able to 8 table $60, if your doing well you will have enough money to upgrade your pc in no time.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:57 PM

thanks for your suggestions
Old 05-26-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi I use PokerOffice while i'm 8 tabling $60 turbos on stars. Often, it will cause my computer to crash as this program seems to use lots of memory on my computer. Does anyone have suggestions of what I can do to create more memory on my computer? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just add more physical RAM. Poker Office is implemented in Java, and as such the Java RTE will take up about 70 MB of RAM when Office is idle. Add MySQL to the mix for larger databases, and 8 live-tracker windows, and you will probably need 256 MB of RAM dedicated solely to your external tools -- conservatively. That means a machine with only 512 MB of RAM might be pushing the envelope if you have other bloatware like Norton or McAfee, web browsers, streaming video, etc.

I wouldn't want to run a serious multi-tabling Poker Office system without 1 GB total RAM.

Jester
Old 05-26-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i use 2 have pokeroffice back in the day, changing the database from the default to mysql halped out the lag alot , go 2 the pokeroffice forums and do a search or post a question on their site .,..hope i helped
Old 05-26-2007, 05:44 PM

I agree with pantsdown. Buy a new PC, but also install linux on the old one with a remote mysql db.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 AM

Have you converted your database to MySQL? It's making Poker Office run a lot faster IMO. It might also speed things up if you disable the Live Tracker windows (pop-ups) and only keep the Table Overlay.