Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Default Over played 10\'s?

I know ssh says to raise preflop with pocket 10's, but my BB/hand for pocket 10's is pretty low. Much lower pocket pairs are more profitable by limping and only playing when I hit a set. Should I treat pocket 10's as any other low pair and just limp preflop?

Now the actual hand.

UTG was only at the table for about 10 hands. Im comfortable with the my raise on the flop. And with him not playing back, I think I'm ahead and continue to lead on the other streets. In this situation, should I always assume that I am best when my raise is just called and only worry about tight passive players being ahead at this point?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Over played 10\'s?

i like it

if your turn bet is called check behind on the river.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know ssh says to raise preflop with pocket 10's, but my BB/hand for pocket 10's is pretty low. Much lower pocket pairs are more profitable by limping and only playing when I hit a set. Should I treat pocket 10's as any other low pair and just limp preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
*grunch*
nope especially when your in position...

the hand looks fine.. got position and you isolated UTG.. reevaluate on turn
Old 05-25-2007, 10:28 AM

If you don't have 40 or 50k hands in don't look at the win rate of a particular hand. You played this fine.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 AM

*grunch*

Ts in LP when EP raises is a tricky spot and needs to be played carefully. 3 betting and CC could both be correct provided on how you play after the flop hits, the texture of the board, your villian, etc etc.

Once you take the lead by 3betting preflop I feel that the flop is a raise/fold situation, calling would be awful as no information is gained.

Assuming that you are ahead when villian calls your flop raise is not a good assumption, many hands can be called here that you are in bad shape against (Jx along with a myriad of draw/pair combos that you are about even money with). This is a tough spot given the board and your hand depending on what turn card hits. Firing at the turn is a necessity providing that the villian just called your flop raise. If one of the many scare card hits the turn and the villian donks into you I would find a fold here most of the time, but if he checks you HAVE to bet, most likely a b/f.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get raising this flop... Sure it's nice to get BB out of the hand, but what is UTG raise/calling pf and then donking this flop with?

To me this is a J most of the time and a draw+overs some of the time. Unless we plan to raise/fold the flop. Many, many cards make this hard to pursue on the turn.

What am I missing here?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get raising this flop... Sure it's nice to get BB out of the hand, but what is UTG raise/calling pf and then donking this flop with?

To me this is a J most of the time and a draw+overs some of the time. Unless we plan to raise/fold the flop. Many, many cards make this hard to pursue on the turn.

What am I missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

He isnt 3-betting... so is he raising utg with jack weak kicker? AJ,KJ and not 3-betting the flop? if a blank falls on the turn and if he has Jx he will propably bet, thats why we reevaluate on the turn.

The flop bet could easily be a C-bet with oc at this limit...
Old 05-25-2007, 06:05 PM

I have KJ off suit dealt to me over 100 times and i have not won a single hand with it. 80% fold on flop. few suckouts, few out kicked few fold pf.. Just cause i never won with it dosent mean im folding it every time. I would say 500+ per any givin hand to get an idea
Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 PM

To the OP:
What was your turn plan?
Not to the OP:
What is your turn plan?
Old 05-26-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To the OP:
What was your turn plan?
Not to the OP:
What is your turn plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

if a blank falls and its a bet to me i fold. If its a check to me, i bet, if reraised i fold.