Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: received two checks from FTP when I was only suppose to receive on

Honesty? Inegrity? LOL did you read his post?
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A certain site which closed to US players sent me a dup check well into the 4-figure region, both cleared. Since I hated this site and didn't think I'd ever be playing there again, I kept the money, but I wouldn't do that to FT since I have no beefs with them and I need to continue playing there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is exactly how i feel i like the site i have won a lot there and honesty, ethics, and just a little integrity will get you a lot further in life.

He kept both checks becuase he wasnt going to play there anymore.

If thats honesty and Inegrity i'm missing something
Old 05-21-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A certain site which closed to US players sent me a dup check well into the 4-figure region, both cleared. Since I hated this site and didn't think I'd ever be playing there again, I kept the money, but I wouldn't do that to FT since I have no beefs with them and I need to continue playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly how i feel i like the site i have won a lot there and honesty, ethics, and just a little integrity will get you a lot further in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about honesty and ethics getting you far in life. But remember that competence comes into play as well - you do want to ensure that you don't get screwed by these idiots while you're trying to do the right thing.

What if you were to send the email, both checks get canceled, and you're left in the standard three month FTP fiasco, with no way to communicate with any employee who might have a clue, with nothing but a vague hope that FTPSean happens to roll out of bed and read 2+2 that day?

I would cash both checks, and email FTP once one of them has cleared. Since you seem to like them, you can eat the bounced check fee for the one that is stopped (a reasonably likely scenario). But remember that if both bounce, FTP wouldn't do the same for you.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:48 PM

Yeah, send the extra money back, but let them wait 5/6 months, answering their mails every forthnight and so on. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 12:18 AM

Sign the dup check. PM of for address of Fulltilt Duplicate Check Reclamation Department where you can send it.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:11 AM

Stars sent me double what I asked for one time through a transfer. They told me to send it back. I laughed, then the next week they sent the same amount through again. I've redeposited (although not much) and nothing happened.

Just think of all the bad beats, and the choice is obvious.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
all i want is what i rightly mine just want to know which one to cash. if it is rigged then i most be on the right end of it. I dont need money that I haven ot won or earned but i do want what i haev earned and won.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish more people had the same values as you. I honestly feel the same way.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i want is what i rightly mine just want to know which one to cash. if it is rigged then i most be on the right end of it. I dont need money that I haven ot won or earned but i do want what i haev earned and won.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish more people had the same values as you. I honestly feel the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too. But while you're doing the right thing, just don't let yourself get screwed by the incompetent idiots that work at this unethical company.

By all means, do the right thing; but protect yourself.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:20 AM

I would keep one, then the next time you were going to cash out, just cash it instead and keep the next one. Now you can have withdrawal times like they actually should be given that you are probably paying thousands of $ in rake.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
emailing ftp will only make a difference if they actually read it, so i doubt that will matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh
Old 05-25-2007, 12:28 PM

A couple weeks ago the EXACT same thing happened to me. Only i got the mailed one first, then get this mysterious fedex check for the same amount. I had already cashed the mailed one, and i sat on the fedex one for a bit. Then about a week later they emailed me saying they realized their mistake and cancelled the 2nd check. Only the check they cancelled was the one i had long ago cashed! Also, they gave me a 50 dollar bonus to cover any hard feelings.
Now i still have the second check, and who knows whether or not it is any good.
What a tight ship they run at Full Tilt!