Default Re: The Do\'s and Dont\'s of SNG Turbo\'s

[ QUOTE ]
I figured it was a 1500 pokerstars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sry

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basic SNG Strategy:
Untill the blinds are about a tenth of your stack you play very tight. AK,JJ+ from EP, AQ+,TT+ from MP, AJ+,ATs+,TT+ from LP: these you raise 3xBB and if anyone has entered the pot before you, you tighten up further.
DO NOT defend you blinds in the early levels (stack more than 10xbb), don't go calling a 3xbb raise with QJo !
Later in the game, when your stack is about 10xbb you should play strictly by ICM. You can learn ICM w/ different programs, one of the best ones out there is sngwiz. That's about all... ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys really play by going "okay, I'm in level 2, so I can't play this hand because it's not at least Ax" or whatever??

Poker is a dynamic game....I can't imagine basing my decisions of such a rigid set of rules.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basic SNG Strategy:
Untill the blinds are about a tenth of your stack you play very tight. AK,JJ+ from EP, AQ+,TT+ from MP, AJ+,ATs+,TT+ from LP: these you raise 3xBB and if anyone has entered the pot before you, you tighten up further.
DO NOT defend you blinds in the early levels (stack more than 10xbb), don't go calling a 3xbb raise with QJo !
Later in the game, when your stack is about 10xbb you should play strictly by ICM. You can learn ICM w/ different programs, one of the best ones out there is sngwiz. That's about all... ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you guys really play by going "okay, I'm in level 2, so I can't play this hand because it's not at least Ax" or whatever??

Poker is a dynamic game....I can't imagine basing my decisions of such a rigid set of rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, and I don't play this way.
But when you are starting, maybe it's good to be more rigid in your pre-flop strategy. That's why his inicial words: Basic SNG Strategy...
Old 05-25-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I figured it was a 1500 pokerstars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] sry

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basic SNG Strategy:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not but if you multitable on 6-12 tables most players to play like that.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:51 AM

if you are in fact dealt cards on the button at the 50/100 or greater level, and they are valid poker hand cards, go all in and reap the rewards. Just remember, this is always ICM correct because you have position i guess.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are in fact dealt cards on the button at the 50/100 or greater level, and they are valid poker hand cards, go all in and reap the rewards. Just remember, this is always ICM correct because you have position i guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Not necessarily true.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basic SNG Strategy:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, and I don't play this way.
But when you are starting, maybe it's good to be more rigid in your pre-flop strategy. That's why his inicial words: Basic SNG Strategy...

[/ QUOTE ]

More like optimal sng strategy.. not basic sng strategy. It works for a reason, and yeah I multitable and follow my own set of "rules" if you want to call them that but your whole thought process of "okay, I'm in level 2, so I can't play this hand because it's not at least Ax" takes place in the amount of time it takes to get the cursor to the button but it still does pretty much happen that way I guess.