Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Full Ring Play and Switching Websites

Hello everyone. Been around for a while going through posts and have learned a lot. I (probably stupidly) have only been full ringing on one website for a long time and have done pretty well but want to branch out to other websites(bonus whoring a bit).

Question being when you started up a Full Tilt account from Poker Stars or vice versa what advice do you have. I am going from True Poker (will continue to play) to Full Tilt (totally different ball game) I have gotten the rake back promo, deposit bonus info and looking at getting Pokertracker (TP does not have it). For someone moving from a smaller website to a larger one and using PT for the first time what are your suggestions.
I typically play 25-100NL multi tabling 4 screens.

Should I stay at the limits I play on TP? (limits on TP are higher than typical 25NL is .50-1 and 100NL is 1-2 and 200NL is 2-4 which I am concerned about)

Small note- TY to King Spew for all the help.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Full Ring Play and Switching Websites

It would seem like a .50-1 games with a $25 buyin would be a shove fest. Are they trying to produce a live game atmosphere? Would seem that you would need to play much tighter because the blinds don't mean as much relative to stack size.

As far as limits, there have been quite a few bankroll management threads recently that might give you some good guidelines. Play within your roll and at a level you feel comfortable.

Here one started today: Carter's Bankroll Management Basics

Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the response. It is a bit of a shove a thon in th 25NL but can be sane and even more ridiculous is the 10NL which is .25-.50 BB.
LOL I posted in that thread. Poor BM is something that I have to work on.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Small note- TY to King Spew for all the help.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] OK, whad I do now? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
but want to branch out to other websites(bonus whoring a bit) <font color="blue">Good deal if you can.... not so easy from the States any more. </font> .

Question being ..... looking at getting Pokertracker (TP does not have it). For someone moving from a smaller website to a larger one and using PT for the first time what are your suggestions.

<font color="blue">I'm walking someone through this right now. We just got most of the kinks out last night and my last piece of advice was:

(1) DON'T FORGET TO PLAY POKER. You will instantly be overwhelmed with all the bells and whistle and you will TRY to absorb it all in one night. Don't. Play poker and look at only one number... VP$IP. After a day or two, you can now add another number.... PFR%. Don't try to do it all in a day or two. By the end of a coupla weeks, you've got most of it down....I'm still "learnin" stuff. DON'T FORGET TO PLAY POKER. </font>

2. Make sure you get rakeback at FTP.

3. Take the LOWEST level you would play and start there until you are comfortable with the software AND! the style of the playahs. When I first played FTP, I was coming from PARTY..... the "tightness" of the games at FTP bowled me over until I adjusted.

GL

[/ QUOTE ]