Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Letting go of 76s

Folded to MP2 at a full ring game, he's unknown, he raises. Folded to my BB and I call 76s [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5.5 SB

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I call (7.5sb = 3.75BB)

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I fold.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Letting go of 76s

I'd just c/r the flop.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:39 AM

c/r flop?

as played, turn fold can't be that bad. you aren't beating much, villain virtually always has 6-13 outs when you are ahead, pot isn't huge.

i also don't mind peeling. you sometimes get a free showdown (and the beginning of a read). you sometimes improve. you sometimes get to clarkmeister the river and win.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:07 AM

When you're defending your blind, I think you must be more aggressive when you catch a piece of the flop. There's a big chance villain missed the flop. If all he needs to do is fire a second bullet on the turn, you're making it too easy for him.

(Of course it's very read-dependent; there's tons of people who'll only bet the turn with a made hand)
Old 05-25-2007, 09:40 AM

This looks too weak to me. I'm not saying I would go overboard here, but I think there is a reasonable chance you're ahead (especially on the flop), so I'd put a little pressure on the guy.

The flop is a standard c-bet, and the turn could just bet a second barrel either as a semi-bluff with a big diamond or an ace high/king high hand that has a straight draw. In both cases, he may be looking for a free showdown as well.

I'd say since you just called the flop, I'd probably call the turn and see what the river brings.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 AM

"Grunch post"

I would bet out on turn and probably take down the pot. If I get raised it's time to fold.

Another solution is to c/r the flop, and bet out on turn.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:42 AM

Leading the Turn w/ the given action is not accomplishing anything. Folding the turn is correct given the flop action.

C/R the flop here is a must as you have to make a play here, calling and hoping to spike a card on the turn is awfully weak.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to MP2 at a full ring game, he's unknown, he raises. Folded to my BB and I call 76s [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5.5 SB

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I call (7.5sb = 3.75BB)

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch.

Very easy c/r on the flop in a HU pot. The only problem with that might be that he is pretty likely to at least have a draw w/ most hands he's raising, but at least we put money in when we have a decent chance of being ahead. Our equity probably isn't ubertastic though.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leading the Turn w/ the given action is not accomplishing anything. Folding the turn is correct given the flop action.

C/R the flop here is a must as you have to make a play here, calling and hoping to spike a card on the turn is awfully weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, guys, I was planning on checkraising a better turn card. Basically not A,K... I'd checkraise a T or J of non-diamonds.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:02 PM

The post by NIX makes the most sense wrt the turn. Call turn and re-eval on river.

How did 5.5 SB get in the pot, was there a poster who folded?