Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 08:36 AM

Default Anyone playing the Potty (Milwaukee) this weekend?

I am going to be in Milwaukee this weekend and am hoping to get in a couple sessions of poker.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Anyone playing the Potty (Milwaukee) this weekend?

I was at Potawatomie Sat.27th, Memorial Day weekend. Since the room expansion, the character of the room has changed, because of an influx of players. I'm not familiar with floor staff, but it appears they need a plan for dealing with players who are verbally abusive, "sore" losers. There was one such individual in the 4/8 HE game. The dealers just kept dealing and said nothing. If you were in the game, you had to hear his rants. He bought into the FOUR EIGHT game with about seven or eight BLACK chips and lost every one of them, while his non-poker playing, railbird, black brother-in-law, was "coaching" him, "Hey man, this thing ain't all luck". The jerk kept countering, "This game is about being lucky". It was a bizarre scenario. Everyone at the table knew, all those black chips would be distributed among us, so nobody complained--everyone was quietly sitting, like sharks, circling a pool of blood--just waiting. I took a few large chunks out of him, but was not there for the coup d grace.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 PM

I went for the buffet on Friday night. They removed the crab legs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], added more variety of fish as well as a 2-chef sushi bar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and lowered the price to $15.99. I think I ate 20 pieces of perch. Buffet wasn't busy at all like it used to be when they had crab legs.

Didn't get to play any poker though.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 PM

What kind of no limit games do they spread with the new room?
Old 05-27-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went for the buffet on Friday night. They removed the crab legs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], added more variety of fish as well as a 2-chef sushi bar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and lowered the price to $15.99. I think I ate 20 pieces of perch. Buffet wasn't busy at all like it used to be when they had crab legs.

Didn't get to play any poker though.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Crab legs" were served Saturday. You were one day early.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:06 PM

$3/$5 NL (max $600) all week. add in $5/$10NL on weekends, if there is enough demand for it.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:52 AM

Yeah, the seafood buffet is only on Wednesdays instead of Wednesdays and Fridays, as Friday is now a fish fry. Not my thing.

There was a huge 3-way all-in pot in March or April when I was there and they got the 5/10NL running. Or at least that was what the guy at my table who went to investigate the furor told me. He said that some guy flopped quads with two spades on the board, bet and got two cards. All-in on the spade turn against the nut flush and a baby flush (something like 43s). So, I'm guessing there are some fishy players there.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone at the table knew, all those black chips would be distributed among us, so nobody complained--everyone was quietly sitting, like sharks, circling a pool of blood--just waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it appears they need a plan for dealing with players who are verbally abusive, "sore" losers. There was one such individual in the 4/8 HE game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like they have a very good plan for the specific situation you mention which is...

[ QUOTE ]
The dealers just kept dealing and said nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I think this is exactly what dealers should do to very rude super fish.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of no limit games do they spread with the new room?

[/ QUOTE ]

just 2/5
Old 05-30-2007, 12:47 AM

its 3/5 on weekdays, and 3/5 + 5/10 (if there is interest) on weekends