Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Building a Bankroll For Newbies, Version 2.0 (rather long)

I've been checking in on prima recently, since i'm close to clearing the paradise bonus and will likely move there next.

During the day (Euro evening, Prima's prime time), i've found it to actually be the opposite, at least at .50/1 full.

At night you can usually find full ring .50/1 with VFP in the mid to high 30s and avg pots between $5-6 dollars. During the European prime time, more than half the tables have VFP 30 or lower, and many tables have avg pot sizes of $4 (you need a $5 pot to have a qualified raked hand). It seems like it might actually be slower going than other sites.

6max is a different story. at the .50/1 level, VFP between mid 50s and 60s, avg pot sizes between $5-7.

FWIW, I'm thinking about playing at paradise until UB offers another reload, then taking my money over there and playing .50/1 full while easing myself into .50/1 6max. I think the bonus will clear really quickly at .50/1 6max, so i might hold off on prima until i'm comfortable playing it (i play .25/.50 6max with some of the money i left at UB). It seems like the most advantageous way to go.

Here are some Prima sites that look promising:

bet365 (as per wookie): 100%/$50 sign up, clears at 5X raked hands.

golden riviera: same as bet365, and i don't think they're on the same network, so i think you can do them both.

boylesport poker: 100%/$100 sign up, clears at 8x, 60 days to do it.

if you have < $400 when you hit up prima, these sites seem like they'll give you the most bang for your buck (there are 25%/$100 and 50%/$200 that require $400+ to complete).

hope that helps.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:18 PM

MrWookie,

Thank you for the guide. I initially followed the one that Gregatron worked on then was referred to this thread. I am getting ready to wrap up the bonus at Paradise (.50/1) and usually before I switch venues or move up the limits I like to do a little bit of reconnaissance. I datamine to get an idea of average pots, players per flop, rake and things of that nature. If available I compare the data on different networks and choose the most profitable/softest. I would like to start at the beginners tables on Party, but I am a little bit hesitant as I do not now _how_ soft these games are. And now that Party doesn't allow for datamining I am not sure what to expect. I would like to maximize my return and I am thinking about playing $1/$2. I hope to wrap up at Paradise with BR of ~500. Is that enough for $1/$2 at Party beginners tables? I guess the signup bonus does put me in the recommended 30xBB for playing there. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I think I may've answered my concerns after writing this down. I think just the fact that I reached $1/$2 and it's no longer .05/.10 is scaring me a little that's all.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:31 PM

Bonuswhores.com has replaced Bet365 with Golden Riviera, on the same network (Prima) offering the same bonus Bet365 used to. 100% up to $50 and it can clear on tables as low as .25/.50. The bonus clears at the same rate Bet365 used to 5x raked hands, or 250 raked hands raked at .25 each. The raked hands that count will tally in the main lobby just like they did on Bet365. The also have some kind of 30% monthly rakeback thing, but I haven't checked the details on it.

Bet365 is not on the blacklisted sites at this time, but they are also no longer listed in bonuswhoring 101. I'd take this to mean they resolved the matter with their customers, but have withdrawn their deposit bonus offer or their relationship with bonuswhores.com
Old 02-20-2006, 02:34 PM

Awesome. Thanks for this info. I'll probably update this guide shortly.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:40 AM

It's time for the seasonal bankroll thread bump.

The reason is to suggest to new (and current) players to stay away from the Prima Poker network. Exhibit 1 is this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all

A high stakes 2+2er had Royal Vegas lock $15,000 worth of his money down and, before a big stink was made here and elsewhere, had flat out refused to return the money. More and more often, people have reported problems with various Prima network rooms requesting documentation, sometimes excessive amounts, and still refusing to authorize cash outs. And Bet365 was hassling players it thought were playing too tight and thus "not competing" for pots (link escapes me). Given the size of the network and the declining quality of its games, i'd recommend that everyone stay away from there. There are far better opportunities to be had.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the Update and Bumps Wookie - great post
Old 03-29-2006, 12:11 AM

Great post! I finally deposited $50.00 at Golden Riviera to go for the 100% bonus.

In my confusion I got onto a NL (.25/.50) table which I have never played before (only limit) and somebody raised me $22.00 and I would have won or split the pot but I folded when I saw that. Then shortly thereafter I got out reassesing whether I wanted to play NL or not!

The bets were pretty modest until this player's raise.

I came away with $14.00 in 30 minutes.

Thanks for your update and it was fun playing against you and the other 2+2 ers on Sunday at Pokerstars.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:52 AM

IMHO, one of the best low-limit bonuses right now is BetFred Poker on ipoker network. 100% up to $250 10x raked hands to clear. It can be cleared at .25/.50 NL or at .50/$1 limit.

It's going to a point system like the other skins very soon and will be much more difficult to clear at low-limits. But if you deposit now you will be grandfathered in. The bonus doesn't expire.

$250 for 2500 hands is pretty sweet.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:03 AM

I'm looking for uptodate tips on rakeback and bonuses.

I'm single tabling 50/1 on Stars and have a BR of 400 bucks.

Im in the UK so I can go anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:37 AM

This is a great post, but it needs to be updated by someone that knowes a little about it. I would really appreciate it and there is probably more people like me that would like it to.

/Lufcmot