Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Am I ever good when a live 15 player three bets this river?

Pot has 10 BB...there's no way you can be 90%+ sure that you're beat. Since there's a CHANCE he's 3-towning a set, you have to call. Next hand please.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:10 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

C'mon, call. And don't post semibad beat stories.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 PM

Just a general note, 27o: when you're put to a decision on the river, any time you raise you should do so with a premeditated plan on what to do if reraised. If you can't figure out what to do, then you've picked the wrong line.

Just think one step ahead when acting:
If I bet, what will I do if raised? If I don't like those options, maybe I should check.
If I raise, what will I do if 3-bet? If I don't like those options, maybe I should call or fold.
If I checkraise, what will I do if 3-bet? If I don't like those options, maybe I should bet/call instead.

And so on...
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, call. And don't post semibad beat stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, i don't know whether it was a bad beat story or not, b/c i folded. Sorry. I really thought it was a tough river decision. Maybe I should know better. I'm still confused what besides a flush he three bets the river with.

PJ, i know what u're saying. I raised with the intention of folding. That's why i tried to pause to make him think that i was faking weakness. That's how i typically read these hands. Prob wasn't a good idea. After future hands, i think that it was a def. call. Just asking vs. the typical tight regular whether this was a call or fold. I can't imagine not raising this river, but again, maybe i'm wrong.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:25 PM

I still haven't heard of one hand that villain plays like this that I beat. Could he have a set or A8 or even A4? How awful would this line be?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:43 PM

Nolanfan posted a hand from the bellgio 15 a ways back where I had a piece of him in a very similar hand. I tried to find it so I wouldnt have to repost my thoughts but the search function is crap. I think that raise/fold line is fine but the key thing to consider is that generally passive live players donk out on the river when a draw completes it is usally because they got there. It is more often true in a situation like this where your hand makes the ace much less likely to make him 2 pair and therefore the number of FD combos is much greater than the number of Ax combos.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 AM

Yeah, sometimes you're good. Only one ace left in the deck, so that minimized his aces-up possibilities, but he might have played a set unusually.

As far as the second hand effecting our replies on the first, sometimes a guy will be flop crazy yet river sensible.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still haven't heard of one hand that villain plays like this that I beat. Could he have a set or A8 or even A4? How awful would this line be?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you do the long pause raise "trick" on the river you are representing simply an ace, he could be easily 3 betting anything that beats AK. You got what you wanted with your little tricksy move now call.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:32 AM

He may have rivered two pair, so just call his 3 bet. I would expect to lose 90% of the time.