Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Sanity check. Could it been played differently?

Hello fellow pokerplayers! This is my first post on the forum, but I have been reading it for a year on and off. It is now time to start contribute a little bit to the forum and to develope myself as a player.

So this is a sanity check for me againt you people. Look at the pot, I thought that the days when pots looked like this was over (well I know that they still does at .02-.04).

Well here we go:

Early in the session. No reads on the players, the ones that I had on wasn't in the pot.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Preflop: Can't see anything that I could have done it different.

Flop: (19 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: The flop isn't the absolute best one but it's not too bad either. I lead out because I want too thin the field and get more money in. The reraise is for the same reasons. As you see it didn't do the trick.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn. Me betting isn't probably the best option. Can't really answer why I did it. I should have checked. When the action comes back to me it's time too slowdown so I just call. Pots too big to fold anyway.

River: (26.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: At this point I knew that I was beat but I still called solely based on that the pot is to big to let go.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB

So, any comments on how it was played? Could it been played differently? Give me a guess on the winning hand, the price will only be honour but it's still worth a try?

/Lufcmot
Old 05-25-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Sanity check. Could it been played differently?

Checking the turn would have been beyond awful. If you're up against a FH or A8 or quad 8's - so be it. You played this hand as you should have.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn would have been beyond awful. If you're up against a FH or A8 or quad 8's - so be it. You played this hand as you should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, not much else than a crying call on the river here, losing to BB who called down all streets with Q7o ...
And definitely bet the turn, indeed.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 AM

You can't protect your hand by 3betting the flop. The pot is so huge that everybody is still getting the odds to chase. If you want to protect your hand you need to call the flop raise and then check/raise the turn. Often I wouldn't try this because I'd be worried that MP3 might not bet the turn and that woul be disasterous. Greater chance that he bets here though because of his preflop aggression.

Not to say that 3betting the flop is bad. You probably have the best hand and getting extra money in the pot is certainly good. I won't even try to figure out if its higher EV to jam the flop or go for the turn checkraise (assuming villian always bets turn).

Preflop/turn/river good.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:32 AM

The board pairing middle pair isn't enough or a reason to assume you're behind on the turn. I think not betting again is quite bad.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:51 AM

With size of the pot and the amount of players, I dont know if you could played it much differently. Looks like you are behind on the turn, but implied odds allow you to call with 22:1 to spike your king.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:01 AM

its all good, fwiw i fold if its 2 to me on the river.

im guessing UTG has 7x. maybe 27o? whatever he has is pretty irrelevant
Old 05-25-2007, 10:20 AM

Well, heres the results. The only thing you could do is to bite your teeths together and say nh.... (And think: thank you for playing garbage hands so I could take back my money later.)

I'm gonna comeback tomorrow and make some comments on the response i've got.

Results:
Hero has Ks Kh (two pair, kings and eights).
BB has Qc Ts (two pair, tens and eights).
UTG has 7c Jc (straight, jack high).
UTG+1 has 8c 5c (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: UTG wins 30.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-25-2007, 10:24 AM

Nice table. Sooooooooted!