Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Money management

Hi. I just wonder how the bankroll requirements is changing in the different games. I like to have 300bb for LHE and 3000bb for NLH. Do I need bigger/smaller requirements in general for stud,omaha,drawpoker,tripledraw in both PL and Limit... I would like to know the "general guidelines" in each game
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Money management

I do not have an answer, but I think that there are websites offering this information. Try looking at pokerlistings.com, and no, I'm not their affiliate or anything. I know they have many basic articles on many forms of poker, which may offer this advice.

You can probably find it on 2+2 as well of course, did you try searching, or looking that "Other poker" forums. It should be in there, I'm quite sure.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 PM

I would generally play with 1000bb for NLH, but generally varience is biggest in omaha than any other game. Stud I would say is similar to holdem em, and I dont play draw so have no idea. If you only feel comfortable playing holdem with 3000bb then you might want to have a little more for omaha
Old 05-24-2007, 07:49 PM

only 1000bb for NLH leads to busto very shortly. it is not sustainable. first downswing and you are up [censored] creek
Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 AM

Limit Holdem is 300BB

However, NL Holdem goes by buyins. Around 20-30 buyins is needed, depending on how good you are.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi. I just wonder how the bankroll requirements is changing in the different games. I like to have 300bb for LHE and 3000bb for NLH. Do I need bigger/smaller requirements in general for stud,omaha,drawpoker,tripledraw in both PL and Limit... I would like to know the "general guidelines" in each game

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are very generous guidelines, but if you want the same level of safety at each game, here goes:

- Stud you need 50% more - the edges are smaller.
- Omaha you could get by with half as much, especially if you don't mind playing just a hair on the nitty side.
- Draw I don't know
- PL triple draw I would want a hell of a lot more than for NL holdem maybe 2-3 times more.
- Limit triple draw I'd want 25% more than holdem

Anyways, that's not gospel. Just what I would personally choose. Your win rate at each game is going to have a lot of impact on this, and obviously we have no clue how good you are.