Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Default I need some general tips: I call to much...

I need some tips on how to think and play in the situations described below. I play 100NL.

I tend to donate parts of my stack, often the whole stack, way to often with hands like overpair and TPTK. Forexample if I have an overpair, KK, on a 8s8cJs flop where someone check reraises me I tend to always think something like "He's probably check raising me on a draw and trying to represent trips" or "Maybe he thinks AJ is good? Hah! I got an overpair. All in!" and loose my whole stack. I guess this situation was a clear fold for most of you.

But what about an 38Q rainbow flop where you have AA and are checkraised. You also have a deepstack (3xbuyin) and are up against a deepstack. I pay off way to much to people with sets.

I need to be reprogrammed and learn to fold more. Do you have good links to articles regarding this subject? Or any general tips on how to play and think in situations like this? I know good reads are esential.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: I need some general tips: I call to much...

best way is to post some hands. for about a month every hand I posted was either an overpair hand or TPTK.