Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Deepstacks - how much can I afford to pay for JT98ds?

Enough money in the pot I am never folding this, even for all in.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:42 PM

Troll,

When I said you would fold if you knew he had AAJJ, JJTK, I was talking about if he for some reason flipped it up and showed it to you, otherwise people would rarely make this play so you really don't consider it a meaningful part of their range.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:30 PM

It must be nice playing against hold'em players in a big PLO game. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Results reinstated! and part II, past the flop.

"Actually, I called" as Harrington would say. Then, the original raiser (to $75) moved all-in for $500, and the original reraiser (to $300) now tries to move all-in, which he cannot do because the reraise did not open the door.

I called, and the pot was set with four players. One all-in for $75, one all-in for $500, and me and the player to my right with $800 left to bet into this $1600 pot.

The flop came a very, very disgusting T-4-4 rainbow, with one each of my diamond and heart. He pushed into me and I folded.

The hands:

Hero: Jh 9h Td 8d
All-in-for-$75: As 7s Ad 3c
All-in-for-$500: Kd 2d Qc Qs
Big-stack: Ah Kc Ks Qd

Incredibly, I'm a preflop favorite in each and every pot given the cards that were out (even heads up against the AKKQ). And on the T-4-4 flop, I'm correct to fold as I now have 21% equity and am only getting 3:1 odds.

Turn is 5d, river is 6d, meaning I missed out on a sizable side pot and the big stack moans in disgust as Q-Q-K-2 with a suited king hauls in a monster pot.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Results reinstated! and part II, past the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is 5d, river is 6d, meaning I missed out on a sizable side pot

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt miss a big pot because you made a correct fold. DUCY.

With 1k stacks I would probably call up to 500$ *IF* it means the action will be closed and there is no danger of having someone repotting behind, as it is here. I also dont call 500$ cold obviously. Here you have 25$ in the pot and you are most likely going to end up putting 475$ more.
You are flipping vs the other monster stack and the main pot equities are a bit messed up, you are probably a small favorite there unless your suits are dominated. I'm not really that good in omaha pf multiway percentages but anyway you are never a huge favorite, so you could still fold this, given that the guy behind is going to most likely shove allin.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like calling provided you dont think that one of the cold caller is going to move in (if they are deep stacked, if they have 500 or less than you just have to hope that they dont reopen the betting where the re raiser can move in)

[/ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, one of the coldcallers reopening the betting is absolutely fine with us given our hand. Makes it really easy to play, too. That is it guarantees a minimum 3-way preflop allin + some overlay, which is yum given our holding.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like calling provided you dont think that one of the cold caller is going to move in (if they are deep stacked, if they have 500 or less than you just have to hope that they dont reopen the betting where the re raiser can move in)

[/ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, one of the coldcallers reopening the betting is absolutely fine with us given our hand. Makes it really easy to play, too. That is it guarantees a minimum 3-way preflop allin + some overlay, which is yum given our holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our hand is most likely not the favourite to win the main pot.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Our hand is most likely not the favourite to win the main pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiway it is. We're going up against two AAxx hands a lot in which case we're in tremendous shape. Even against AAxx and KKxx, we're in good shape more often than not. The only time we're in bad shape is when we're up against a big pair hand and a rundown hand that dominates us, and that's not very likely given the action.