Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 PM

Default 50NL - AJo multiway line check

Just sat down so no stats/reads, but I selected a table with a high percantage of players to the flop.

I decided not to cbet because I felt one of opponents might have a pp and call.
I decided to call the turn because of my draws.
I decided to call the river because I had top pair and the bet was so small.

Comments on all streets please.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($15.70)
Button ($10.05)
SB ($35)
Hero ($48.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, UTG calls $2.25, SB calls $2.25.

Flop: ($8.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($8.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50, UTG calls $2.50.

River: ($15.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $20.75
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: 50NL - AJo multiway line check

I still cbet. rest is perfectly fine
Old 05-24-2007, 09:23 PM

looks pretty standard to me, i dont really like a cbet on the flop villians usually call w/ alot of PP and draws here...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks pretty standard to me, i really like a cbet on the flop villians usually fold 66 and KQ respectively

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 PM

PJ, ok so you named 2 hands in 2 villians repeat 2 villians' ranges that they fold ok nice
Old 05-24-2007, 10:02 PM

insert any pkt pair for utg, overs for sb, if u get called u shut down and dont lose anymore to a 9 or a boat etc, what info do u get as to how good ur draw on the turn is without betting for info. No FE in checking, and once u pick up the draw u could be drawing dead.Plus checking gives a free club draw and str8 draw
On the donkness of the bet sizing tho its perfect reverse implied odds
Old 05-24-2007, 10:21 PM

you say "if u get called u shut down and dont lose anymore" OK then why lose SOME, with it being 3 handed and this board IMO we are gettin called alot here on the flop add on that we are OOP and have A high seems like an even better check on flop...so you like a cbet for info?? that just seems really bad here or cbet and hope to take it down which is the only reason i see in cbettin, you know most micro players dont fold draws thats why we wanta charge them for playin their draws unprofitably which is def true if we have a hand but here we dont so charging draws w/ air isnt as big of a deal IMO

edit: btw sorry if im sounding like a dick or anything, and i dont hate a cbet if we have a read that both villians fold to cbet alot but i def like to have that read...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 PM

I can argue a case for not betting the flop. It is a paired board and most likely you have the best hand. I would lean towards a c-bet for 1/2 pot on the flop. You want to at least get heads up. The weak bet on the turn screams for a raise since you have the NFD here and 2 overs....although the J out for you makes four to a straight after the turn. I think you need to cbet and then raise the turn. Seems like a weak villain hand to me.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 PM

I think you played it fine. Agree that the cbet should be avoided in this case.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 PM

I think that you played this hand fine. C betting this flop is probably an even EV play at best as I find a lot of players will not fold any pocket pair to a c bet on this board and you aren't getting any draws to fold either. With two people in the hand I think a check is fine. Turn play can Either be a call or a raise. Since your draw is not to the nuts I would be more inclined to raise this weak looking bet but your getting good odds so a call isn't bad. On the river your getting like 7:1 and have tptk so if your good here at least quarter of the time which I think you are its a +EV play. You don't even need to be good that often. I don't see any value in raising the river so your call is fine.

Edit: Heads up I c-bet this flop every time for 2/3-full pot.