Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods World Poker Finals thread

[ QUOTE ]
this makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lest anyone forget, Daryn busted out in maybe the worst way you can bust out:

Dealer exposes Mimi Trans second card, a 9 I believe, and Mimi isn't too happy about it. Dealer gives her another card.
Daryn pushes (QJ was it?)
Around to Mimi, who calls with...............AA.

*pahyuke*
Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM

EG was shocking.

My friend about died. "He is the chip leader at the final table of a World Poker Tour event, and he doesn't know you can't say call and then raise."

The funny thing is, Nenad was the only one he threw chips to. Of course, they were the two most important hands of the tournament. (Doubling up Nenad's T2 and bluffing all his chips on the final hand)

His ridiculous move on the first hand with 22 clouded the judgment of the other players a bit, I think. Can't blame Kathy too much. I think all she knew was that he was super strong, probably with a set or AA on that flop and figured he wouldn't get off of it. She thought, I'll call this 400K and he will automatically double me up if I get there.

It is very easy to see when you can see the hole cards, but I thought Mimi could have figured out his AT bluff vs. her J4 on the KJxx board. He was first and said, "I call," realized his error, laughed and checked.

Blurting out "I call" like that screams draw. I would have put him on QT right there and bet my jacks down. I guess she didn't believe he was capable of bluffing that big.

If he had a set or K, I don't think he would have blurted out "I call".

Of course, you don't want to be seen calling off all your money with middle pair and a 4 kicker if you're wrong.

It was easy for me to do from the couch.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 PM

That Doyle Brunson hand is truly unbelievable. Limped flop was TT2 with two diamonds. Nenad (flopping 1000 to 1) with T2o bets 100K into 140K flop. EG (A8o) raises 200K more. Nenad reraises to 1.1M and has only 1.6M more behind. EG then 4-bets Nenad all-in with no pair and no draw! Nenad has at worst a weak ten or a flush draw and is pot committed either way.

MY GOD!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:51 PM

prob cause he thought nenad was bluffing it. Not really a bluff... still terrible play though.

(hes ahead i think against flush draw)
Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That Doyle Brunson hand is truly unbelievable. Limped flop was TT2 with two diamonds. Nenad (flopping 1000 to 1) with T2o bets 100K into 140K flop. EG (A8o) raises 200K more. Nenad reraises to 1.1M and has only 1.6M more behind. EG then 4-bets Nenad all-in with no pair and no draw! Nenad has at worst a weak ten or a flush draw and is pot committed either way.

MY GOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

The bluff there wasn't terrible in a vacuum, although obviously in context it is much worse. Don't forget Mimi was really short-stacked at the time and Nenad and EG were both much deeper. It's an absolute disaster for Nenad to bust there. I really doubt Nenad three-bets without AT or T2, rather looks at a turn that's hopefully not a diamond, but EG doesn't know that and would never think about that. Nenad understood the thing Mimi didn't, which was "never bluff a calling station."
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Notable stuff about the show:
- Thumbs up to VVP for calling BS on Sexton when Sexton said that EG's call of a shortstacked Omelchuck's all in with sixes was daring.
- But thumbs down to VVP for calling trips with a pair on the board a set.
- Thumbs down to WPT for not showing all the hole cards on at least two hands. I haven't ever noticed them doing that before. Are they trying to make the WPT a worse show?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 PM

What's more shocking is not EG's play, but how poorly everyone bar Nenad adjusted for it. EG, despite being horrible, managed to get most of his money in good (except for the 22 hand). Pros aren't supposed to let terrible players make a right move by accident.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:06 PM

-W/e you wanna say about E.G., he was very entertaining. Last season (same event) they had a guy @ the final table who did nothing but move all in, and he took 2nd too! What did they call him? All-IN Tony, LOL. Anybody can win...

-I'll let y'all clown on Kathy Liebert's physical appearance. She just played that hand as poor as possible. And I've seen her do this before against The Grinder on one of those UPC tourneys where she got talked into the worst decision. She allowed herself to get outplayed...sort of.

-Mimi just mixed up her gameplan, in a sense. @ least thats what it looked like anyway. She tried to be way too creative w/ E.G. and it backfired (plus he hit an ace on the turn after taking one off, that always helps [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

-Serb was solid enuff. He just let E.G. bet bet bet as he continued to make strong hands. It was actually pretty textbook. gg
Old 05-24-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the last hand did'nt it seem Nenad took an exceptionally long time to call EG's all in bet ?

The flop was 553 , Nenad had 75, then it came 9 9 for a board of 55399, and EG had bet the whole way.

I know that even if you know you're good and you're definetly gonna call, in such a crucial situation maybe he just wanted to rethink everything and take a good look at EG. Or maybe he realized he had it won and took a second to compose himself before he called.

I don't know , it just seemed like he took way too long. It almost seemed like he was about to fold it.

[/ QUOTE ]Shoot, being that much better than his opponent he probably wanted to be 99% sure his 3 was good. He was doing the right thing and trying to play small pots. Fantastic play Nenad.
Who knew you don't have to raise every button when HU?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:14 PM

This has been the best episode since Season 3, partly because they played quick enough to actually get some play in the later stages.

Also it was a great episode for teaching how NOT to play a big stack (Harvin), and how to play aggressively yet still be cautious (Nenad). Overall very good to watch.

But yeah, why did Kathy Liebert call the huge flop bet anyway with her tiny flush draw? I'm sure she realized it was a mistake in retrospect, but it seemed like a very frustrated call.