Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 05:05 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

Ray,

Totally not trying to be an [censored] here, but...

as I understand the writers' intentions for Lost as a whole, if you really want closure, you should just wait until Lost is off the air and then buy all the DVDs.

[ QUOTE ]
All -
I like the idea that Jack, Kate and maybe others got off the island but left people behind. Jack is riddled with guilt over it. It's totally like Courage Under Fire. Jack is like skinny Matt Damon, Sawyer is Lou Diamond Phillips? Desmond is Meg Ryan? Penelope is obv Denzel Washington. Actually Jack is Desert Storm Denzel, and Penelope is investigate-the-chopper-incident-Denzel.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Hurley is up for the medal of honor. EXCEPT Sawyer changed his story about the minibus incident, to cover up for killing the Other in cold blood.

Man, if Lost isn't careful they are going to be sued by the producers of Courage Under Fire for copywright infringement.

[ QUOTE ]
To me, with all the blood loss from the harpoon, I was pretty sure the grenade was Mikhail's last display of loyalty before he died. I think harpoon + potential shrapnel= dead Mik.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he had already changed out of the scuba gear when he was shot. Yet when he was swimming, he was greared back up, and didn't appear injured at all, and was in fact smiling and making kind of funny wise cracking motions at the grenade, which does not seem like how someone who is mortally wounded would act.

I just went back and rewatched that part online. he had on goggles and some kind of vest, but no scuba gear AND no breathing Equipment. He appeared to be fine (no blood, no indication of wound), and appeared to have no problem with the fact that he was underwater with no air (his mouth was open as he grinned).

So, I lump this in unanswered for now..

Ray
Old 05-24-2007, 05:07 PM

Ray he wasn't in scuba gear just had a mask on
Old 05-24-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

as I understand the writers' intentions for Lost as a whole, if you really want closure, you should just wait until Lost is off the air and then buy all the DVDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really wish that I had come along after Lost was done and been able to do this.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray,

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken at all, and I understand what you're saying. I'm just including my opinion in the thread because a) unlike some of the trolls I try not to be a basher and b) it saves the thread from being "OMFG FANBOI LOST TEH GREATEST!" and I hope I provide some additional conversation since my opinion differs from most.

I also must admit that I probably came into it "wrong."

I missed all of season one. I caught a random joke spoiler, something about Walt becoming a zombie. It amused me. I looked into Lost more, came to the conclusion it sounded interesting, and bought season one of the dvd's. I finished them up slightly before Season two end, caught the last couple season two episode, then had to go back and watch the rest of season two on DVD when it came out.

So, until season three, I got my Lost in very large doses, and I'm sure I have a skewed feeling for how fast I feel it should be moving.

Ray
Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ray he wasn't in scuba gear just had a mask on

[/ QUOTE ]

... I said that in the second paragraph.. starting with 'I went back and rewatched it and...."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ray
Old 05-24-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, with all the blood loss from the harpoon, I was pretty sure the grenade was Mikhail's last display of loyalty before he died. I think harpoon + potential shrapnel= dead Mik.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he had already changed out of the scuba gear when he was shot. Yet when he was swimming, he was greared back up, and didn't appear injured at all, and was in fact smiling and making kind of funny wise cracking motions at the grenade, which does not seem like how someone who is mortally wounded would act.

I just went back and rewatched that part online. he had on goggles and some kind of vest, but no scuba gear AND no breathing Equipment. He appeared to be fine (no blood, no indication of wound), and appeared to have no problem with the fact that he was underwater with no air (his mouth was open as he grinned).

So, I lump this in unanswered for now..

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

The villain always laughs in movies even when he knows he's about to die as long as he "gets the last laugh".

I thought it was more of a "I might be dead, but I'm taking you with me" laugh not a "look I escaped and you're gonna die" laugh.

Could be wrong though.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 PM

not that I want to stop the finale conversation, but has anybody heard of any "offseason" Lost content to be released? last year there was the whole Lost Experience which I only quasi-followed, but it was cool b/c there was new content to be digested and some stuff was revealed (the numbers, for instance).
Old 05-24-2007, 05:21 PM

After much researching, I have figured out the secret to Lost.

Naomi New Dr.

Both of the above characters starred on Las Vegas. Therefore, Jacob can ONLY be this man: