Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods World Poker Finals thread

I was really mystified at Mimi's play, especially after it got to three handed. She played just the opposite of how you should play against an interdonk like EG. She raised with junk hands pf from the button, then would give up if she didn't hit the flop hard, which played into EG's style perfectly, since he would automatically bet into weakness. Then she looked like she was tilting so badly, as if about to cry. It was hard to believe she's the experienced pro she is alleged to be.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides just being annoying, she seems to have the biggest chip on her shoulder of anybody I've ever seen at a poker tournament. Karma that she didn't win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rooted for her to loose her flush over flush hand. She put her opponent on a hand like AQ for the flopped straight, or perhaps AK for top top.

She annoys me.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was really mystified at Mimi's play, especially after it got to three handed. She played just the opposite of how you should play against an interdonk like EG. She raised with junk hands pf from the button, then would give up if she didn't hit the flop hard, which played into EG's style perfectly, since he would automatically bet into weakness. Then she looked like she was tilting so badly, as if about to cry. It was hard to believe she's the experienced pro she is alleged to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget that the Serb was to her right. If she limps then she has to keep going against 2 players. I have no problem with her play when they got down to 3.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 PM

On the last hand did'nt it seem Nenad took an exceptionally long time to call EG's all in bet ?

The flop was 553 , Nenad had 75, then it came 9 9 for a board of 55399, and EG had bet the whole way.

I know that even if you know you're good and you're definetly gonna call, in such a crucial situation maybe he just wanted to rethink everything and take a good look at EG. Or maybe he realized he had it won and took a second to compose himself before he called.

I don't know , it just seemed like he took way too long. It almost seemed like he was about to fold it.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was my fault. When it got three handed I told her to raise every hand from the button and raise any time they limp so that that Nenad could never get a cheap flop. (Even if it cost her money, it would have forced Nenad, who was playing very carefully, to pick up a good hand at a point he was short in chips. I figured she would break even and then get to play EG head up.)

If she did this correctly, Nenad would probably have come in third. I wanted her to deny Nenad from playing any cheap flops with EG.

Unfortrunately, she misunderstood the strategy (with all the noise and the limited discussion time) and thought I wanted her to raise Nenad when he limped and it was going to be her and Nenad head up. This gaffe allowed Nenad to overtake her by beating EG in limped pots.

Barry
Old 05-24-2007, 02:54 PM

Hi Barry G,

It was my fault. When it got three handed I told her to raise every hand from the button and raise any time they limp so that that Nenad could never get a cheap flop. (Even if it cost her money, it would have forced Nenad, who was playing very carefully, to pick up a good hand at a point he was short in chips. I figured she would break even and then get to play EG head up.)

I wondered what advice you gave Mimi when they got down to three handed. Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten suggested that you most likely told her to play more aggressive. Just as they made that comment, she raised.

Mimi took a horrible beat when EG drew to the flush but made trips.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 PM

this makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this makes me sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell of an effort though, man. You'll get there sometime. EG was an even bigger donkey than I imagined. You were right, he is horrible.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Meh, EG seemed like a really nice guy who got lucky to be there and enjoyed every minute of it. Good for him, and nicely played by Nenad to take very good advantage of him.