Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Everything hits on river, except me..so shove?

looks good against a sane dude (unless he has the nuts or a 9, he cant really call)

but [ QUOTE ]
This guy seems kinda awkward and bad and I don't like big dubious moves vs. those types

[/ QUOTE ] is definitely solid advice

yea actually i think that river pot probably is nuts/air, leaning towards nuts given your probable range. fold > call > shove.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:36 AM

Looks like a good spot for him to valuepot with anything that beats 2p and/or a naked 9. Which often leads to him not folding.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also actually kinda think the fact that he checked the river works in my favor, as it brought numerous extra draws. Is that stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

Psyche! Right ?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also actually kinda think the fact that he checked the river works in my favor, as it brought numerous extra draws. Is that stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to understand what you meant by this. Could you give some more clarification? In your HH, the BB bet the river and the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, mistyped that. I meant checking the flop.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Based on your description, i get the feeling he checked the flop with something like 66 or TT
Old 05-24-2007, 10:20 AM

What were the results?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your description, i get the feeling he checked the flop with something like 66 or TT

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed!!!
and he does not seems to fold his trips or 2 pair! i think he floped a very hude hand
Old 05-24-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were the results?

[/ QUOTE ]
A4o insta-call.

On the plus side of this though, he never folded to me again when I DID have a hand, and I won back this buyin, +3 more.

Witness:
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Daliman (BB): $9,267.00</font>
SB: $1,219.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Daliman is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB raises to $100.00</font>, <font color="red">Daliman raises all-in to $9,267.00</font>, SB calls all-in for $1,119.50
Uncalled bet of $8,047.50 returned to Daliman

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2439) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2439) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($2439) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $2,439.00 ($0.50 Rake)

SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight, Five high) and WON (+$1,219.00)
Daliman had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Threes) and LOST (-$1,219.50)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 2 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

BB: $2,478.50
<font color="black">Daliman (SB): $6,030.00</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Daliman is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Daliman raises to $60.00</font>, BB calls $40.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($120) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Daliman bets $80.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $160.00</font>, Daliman calls $80.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($440) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $160.00</font>, <font color="red">Daliman raises to $580.00</font>, BB calls $420.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1600) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $540.00</font>, <font color="red">Daliman raises all-in to $5,230.00</font>, BB calls all-in for $1,138.50
Uncalled bet of $3,551.50 returned to Daliman

Pot Size: $4,957.00 ($0.50 Rake)

BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$2,478.50)
Daliman had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON (+$2,478.00)

Plus a buncha 15-25 BB pots he called down any pair.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 PM

Quick Q:

Against this type of player do you think he is ever value betting 2 pair/trips or turning top pair into a bluff?

It seems like against this type of player its the nuts (or something close to it) or air, so I would lean towards calling before shoving. I doubt you can ever bluff a straight (obv by results), but I'm not sure how he acts with 2 pair.

Personally: fold&gt;call&gt;shove
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick Q:

Against this type of player do you think he is ever value betting 2 pair/trips or turning top pair into a bluff?

It seems like against this type of player its the nuts (or something close to it) or air, so I would lean towards calling before shoving. I doubt you can ever bluff a straight (obv by results), but I'm not sure how he acts with 2 pair.

Personally: fold&gt;call&gt;shove

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time, I didn't really have enough to go off of with his play, but I DID have a strong feeling he either wasn't thrilled with the river or just lucked into something, ( wow, great read, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) After playing a fair amount with him, I'd say he probably bets ~2/3rd pot with any of the types of hands you mentioned on the river typically, and whether he calls the shove would depend on how he has been played against,( so vs me this session, following this play, calling every time). I'd lean towards him folding 2 pair hands on this particular hand, I guess, but hell, who knows.