Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Is this stealing

This is the [censored] Pirates we're talking about, just pay the full $15 for front row please.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's hard to consider this stealing when your tax dollars paid for their damn stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I told the cop when I took his cruiser for a joy ride.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i owned the team though i would prob crack down on cheap pricks that do this [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like great PR.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the seats are empty, then they either weren't sold, or the people that had them left early because they were embarassed that the pirates suck so bad. either way, you aren't costing them any money by moving down to better, already vacant seats.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 16 I worked at bagel shop/deli type of place. Every night we threw out tons of bagels because we made them fresh everyday. As employees we had 1/2 price. I asked one time why we couldn't just have the bagels for free. Boss' response was because then we would never buy them for 1/2 price.

In short, yes it is stealing. I'm not a judgmental type of person, so I wouldn't look down on anyone who does it, but its most definitely stealing....and yeah I'd probably do it too to be honest.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the argument that it's not costing them anything is absurd, and it's pretty obvious why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. If you wouldn't have otherwise bought those seats, you are not stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You paid for one thing. You're taking something better. How is that not stealing again?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 AM

Its stealing but ive done it plenty of times and have gotten caught plenty of times (sometimes by the same guy a few times, in the same game)
Old 05-24-2007, 03:26 AM

tell your roommate to STFU; jeez, man, does he even understand?!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:35 AM

Sometimes I buy 16 dollar seats but there are lots of people around so I move to other seats in the same section where less people are sitting so I can spread out. But I don't pay for the additional seats that I move to.

Is this stealing?

I do this a lot. How much should I pay the Angels for all the seats I might have stolen?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:38 AM

I didn't read OPs post and based entirely on the subject alone Im going to say "yes"

edit: neat, I was right
Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 AM

I agree that the definition of 'stealing' is causing this mix-up. It's absolutely stealing if you move to a better seat or if you download a music song you otherwise wouldn't have bought. It's irrelevant if your action didn't cost somebody money. In all the forms of the word 'stealing' it is stealing.

However, that doesn't mean that it's always ethically wrong. Do you see why? I know we usually think that "stealing is ethically wrong, period" but it isn't that simple. There are clearly cases where nobody's the victim of your steal. There shouldn't be such things as victimless crimes and sometimes stealing from somewhere doesn't hurt anybody at all in any way.

Yes, it's tough to know the difference so therefore it's great to play by the rule "do not steal" but just know that not all stealing is ethically wrong unless you have some absolute religious moral values (even though you don't hurt any people/animal by your actions you hurt God etc.)