Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: EDF business project : manpurse

El D:

The items you listed would fit easily in an an average or smaller sized fanny-pack. Most of the bags being suggested are significantly larger, and would be more suitable if you were also carrying around two text books and a pair of sneakers. It seems to me that putting items with a small volume in a large bag is viewed as inefficient and not aesthetically pleasing. The point I'm getting at is that the size of the bag is very important, especially when you take product differentiation from items such as backpacks, gym bags, and briefcases into account.

I don't know exactly how you would determine the shape and position on the body for your bag, but I think these are also obvious important factors. A small size, an innovative look, and well-thought out pockets/compartments will be essential in order to truly create a new product category, and to avoid the negative preconceptions many guys have about man-purses.

Another thing to keep in mind is that not all guys wear tight or tailored clothing. Me and the majority of my friends (ages 18-25 or so) wear significantly looser clothing than your average 40 year old. My phone, keys, gum, smokes, lighter, and wallet all fit comfortably between three pockets in every pair of jeans I own. If my age group is also going to be targeted by your product (which I think it should be) you need to figure out a way to make your product appear to be a more appealing solution than just putting things in pockets. Maybe incorporating a bottle opener or a flashlight or some other add-on(s) would help in that regard.

Good luck.