Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM

Default 67s how much?

flop play here. hero is taggy. the raising villan pre/flop better is pretty laggy. like 38/22 or something. i dont really have much of an image, though i have been splashing around a tiny bit.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $277.35</font>
BB: $236.60
UTG: $147.30
BTN: $223.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, Hero calls $1.00, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.00</font>, UTG calls $6.00, BTN calls $6.00, Hero calls $6.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($32) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero ...

c/rs or b/3b is the q.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 67s how much?

Isn't this a pretty easy check and raise? B/3B isn't good because it's going to shut out everyone.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 PM

I PREFER CHECK CALL, CHECK RAISE NON CLUB TURN.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 PM

I usually check raise this. A CR is much more likely to get a fold and I'm okay with that. B3B just bloats the pot OOP.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a pretty easy check and raise? B/3B isn't good because it's going to shut out everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind shutting everyone out when I have 7-high. I'm leading strong here and 3-betting AI if any of them give me a chance to, over-bet or not. The only time this kinda sucks is when one guy calls, two guys fold, and the turn bricks.

c/c flop and c/r AI on a blank turn is worse than b/3b because hero will have half as much equity and will be offering a nicer price for someone to call.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:29 PM

The line I take depends on what happens. I'm checking here. If villan bets out and gets callers, then I'm usually calling behind; there is an argument that you should c/r the whole field if there are callers to get rid of higher flush draws, but if villan bets and gets callers, your raise is doing nothing since the pot is already so bloated that they will call with their bigger flushes.

If villan bets and it's HU when it gets to me, I play this the same way I play sets (fast). Your hand does very well vs his range HU
Old 05-23-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind shutting everyone out when I have 7-high. I'm leading strong here and 3-betting AI if any of them give me a chance to, over-bet or not. The only time this kinda sucks is when one guy calls, two guys fold, and the turn bricks.

c/c flop and c/r AI on a blank turn is worse than b/3b because hero will have half as much equity and will be offering a nicer price for someone to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The absolute worse situation is leading out here and having the original raiser calling and then someone else calling. At this point you have built a huge pot oop with a disgusting draw (assuming your flush is no good). If villan will oblige and raise to shut out the field then that would be awesome, but if villan is competent, he won't because he has a small eqtuity edge vs your range in this spot and he should reconize that.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 PM

Steel: You make it sound as if our hand is face-up when we lead here. This is definitely not the case. OOP I am not always popping it pre with 99 or TT (although I usually am) so those hands are a small part of my range along with 44, T9, top pair, and strong draws. Leading into the PFR and two other guys shows a ton of strength, keep that in mind.

Also, BB is raising 22% of his hands pre... that's a lot of marginal hands, and he is sorely mistaken if he thinks he's ahead of my range when I lead there, assuming that flop didn't hit him in the face. I don't see how you are perceiving a small equity edge for villain vs my range in this case.

However, if you wouldn't commonly take this line with a flopped set, then C/R is probably the most profitable play for you.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:29 PM

b3b
Old 05-23-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The absolute worse situation is leading out here and having the original raiser calling and then someone else calling. At this point you have built a huge pot oop with a disgusting draw (assuming your flush is no good).

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a very silly assumption. Why do you make it?