Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: questions on NLTRN play

I think a continuation bet by definition, is only one when it is made after a raiser misses the flop. Otherwise it's a value bet.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: questions on NLTRN play

I love an overbet on the river in situations like this:
Raise 67s on the button, flop 742, c-bet half - 2/3 pot, check a low card turn, overbet any river. So many times they put you on two high cards and try and make a hero call with ace high its laughable.

As for the size of c-bets I like half potting through pot size bets depending on board texture. Paired boards my bets will usually be smaller as an opponent will play back at you more times on paired boards. Drawy boards my bets are bigger to scare draws. What I hold dosn't effect the size of my c-bets. If the board is JJ2 I will half-pot it if I have 56 or AJ.

Another thing I've found about c-bets... The first 10 hands or so I play very tight, ABC poker to solidify that image to my opponent. After that I will begin cbetting every single flop until I have a read that they are playing back at me. Until they catch you, it's amazing how long that image of a tight, abc player stays in their mind no matter how loose you're playing. Of course, once they think you're a maniac you can push your big hands hard and eventually get all their chips.