Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: my shoe collection

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here are 3 purchases I have made in the past month:

[/ QUOTE ]

I purchased these too, recently. They're dope. When I get home, maybe I'll post my collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these called, they're amazing!

[/ QUOTE ]

i like these a lot as well...but aren't they just prada's imitating as puma's???

i guess if you're willing to pay 6x the price of a puma for an identical shoe...

how well has that been treating you? seriously, you can't tell the difference if you wear jeans.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Link to the pumas that these look like? I'd happily buy them too. I really don't care that they're Prada, they just look dope.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link to the pumas that these look like? I'd happily buy them too. I really don't care that they're Prada, they just look dope.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, they do look VERY similar to the Pumas. The difference is quality. Go to neiman marcus and try them on and you'll notice the difference. They are ALOT more comfortable and the quality of materials is superior by far to Puma. If you don't have alot of money, then spending money on these sneakers is pretty idiotic, but I'm honestly a big fan of quailty clothing. I don't care if people will know if these are Pradas, that's not why I bought the shoes. But anyone that know fashion will now these are Pradas even if they are covered by your jeans (the stiching is unique.)
Old 05-23-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every guy that lives in sunny weather should have at least 1 pair of Rainbow sandles.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. I've owned 6 or so pairs of Rainbows. Each one lasts me about a year or year and a half (which is an incredibly long time when you wear them about 5 days a week - most sandals (Reefs, etc) don't last me anywhere near that long). They're also extremely comfortable (after the break-in period) and, imo, are the best looking sandals for guys. (These pics don't do them justice. Once they wear in, they look great.) I currently wear these two:

I just spent a while trying to find pics of my shoes online, but I couldn't even find any. I'll get some pics up and post the rest of what I wear tomorrow, if there's any interest. Nothing fancy, but I do wear a colorful pair of Pumas a lot, that most people probably won't like. I really like them, though, and get complimented on them a lot, so whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know that Rainbows are guaranteed for life right? Wear them out and ship them to the factory store and they will ship you a new pair minus shipping. I used to live pretty close to the factory in undergrad so it was awesome.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the originals of those bad boys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I would've had an original pair too, but I couldn't find my size for under $600.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM

When i get the next time to berlin, i think i will get me a pair of these:

Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know that Rainbows are guaranteed for life right? Wear them out and ship them to the factory store and they will ship you a new pair minus shipping. I used to live pretty close to the factory in undergrad so it was awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought they were guaranteed for the life of the sole... ie if the strap breaks or the sole comes off of the sandal BEFORE the top or bottom layer of the sandal wears through to the middle layer, then they will replace the sandal.

I'm almost positive they won't replace them just because they're worn out.

EDIT: I checked out the Rainbow guarantee policy. It says:
* Our Warrantee is for the Lifetime of the sole. As long as you haven't worn into the next layer of the sole from either the top or bottom* RAINBOW® SANDALS will repair your sandals if they are damaged or defective due to MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY

RAINBOW® SANDALS will NOT Repair or Replace your sandals if they become defective as a result of any circumstances not involved in the manufacturing.

So it doesn't seem to me that they'll replace it just because the sandals are worn out.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 PM

My current favorite K-Swiss.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here are 3 purchases I have made in the past month:

[/ QUOTE ]

I purchased these too, recently. They're dope. When I get home, maybe I'll post my collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these called, they're amazing!

[/ QUOTE ]

i like these a lot as well...but aren't they just prada's imitating as puma's???

i guess if you're willing to pay 6x the price of a puma for an identical shoe...

how well has that been treating you? seriously, you can't tell the difference if you wear jeans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I used to own a pair of Gucci sneakers that were very similar and I swear I have never gotten more comments and questions about where I got them (the Gucci logo wasn't visible, it was only on the bottom of the sneaker). Designer sneakers like the Prada's above stand out in a crowd, even when your wearing jeans.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought they were guaranteed for the life of the sole... ie if the strap breaks or the sole comes off of the sandal BEFORE the top or bottom layer of the sandal wears through to the middle layer, then they will replace the sandal.

I'm almost positive they won't replace them just because they're worn out.

EDIT: I checked out the Rainbow guarantee policy. It says:
* Our Warrantee is for the Lifetime of the sole. As long as you haven't worn into the next layer of the sole from either the top or bottom* RAINBOW® SANDALS will repair your sandals if they are damaged or defective due to MANUFACTURING DEFECTS ONLY

RAINBOW® SANDALS will NOT Repair or Replace your sandals if they become defective as a result of any circumstances not involved in the manufacturing.

So it doesn't seem to me that they'll replace it just because the sandals are worn out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought a pair of Rainbows in 2000 and have replaced them 4 times. I just drove to the factory and there was no questions asked. No pair was described as the quote you posted, but maybe they are nicer in person
Closed Thread