Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Default 100NL- Not sure if I butchered this KK or not...

Villain is 17/12/1 over 500 hands. No history.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $104.65
<font color="black">BB: $151.95</font>
UTG: $96.50
MP: $40.00
CO: $53.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $120.20</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $17.00</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $11.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($35.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($35.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $21.00</font>, Hero calls $21.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($77.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $113.95</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $191.45 ($3 Rake)

Flop check I dunno about. Was sorta confuse why he checked so I just decided to see turn. What about shoving turn? I think that would have been the boss play.

Fairly certain I can't call river given that his AF is 1 and he just shoved $100 in there and I think for a bluff he would have just bet $50 or so.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: 100NL- Not sure if I butchered this KK or not...

I'd rather bet the flop. It's a little more likely that you are WA in this situation than if you had AQ yourself, because now there are more combinations of AQ the opponent can have, and they always at least call.

As played, I think the river fold is fine.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:26 AM

I would get it in somewhere here. At least if you steal often, his raise doesn't have to mean a lot. I've noticed that people overplay in steal situations quite often. I think I'll fire the flop almost always, and try to get it in there. Your preflop call is to hide the strength of your hand I presume, so why play so passivly? He can't possible put you on an overpair here, and a flop bet shows less strength here than a turn raise does.

If you go broke on a hand like this, then so be it. I think you're ahead almost always here.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:28 AM

does he have 500 hands on you? I'd prob call this against most regs. He probably thinks he is value-betting JJ.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would get it in somewhere here. At least if you steal often, his raise doesn't have to mean a lot. I've noticed that people overplay in steal situations quite often. I think I'll fire the flop almost always, and try to get it in there. Your preflop call is to hide the strength of your hand I presume, so why play so passivly? He can't possible put you on an overpair here, and a flop bet shows less strength here than a turn raise does.

If you go broke on a hand like this, then so be it. I think you're ahead almost always here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was scared of the Q and the Q only. QQ now beats me. But I think I can stack him if he has AQ and it sorta seems like that flop check was with AQ. I think I should have shoved the turn but getting it in on the river if an A or Q doesn't hit isn't bad either I think.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does he have 500 hands on you? I'd prob call this against most regs. He probably thinks he is value-betting JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he really shove $100 in there to value bet? I don't remember him very much so I may have only played a couple sessions with him.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 AM

I'm not a big fan of the call pf.... I would just re-raise again...How active have you been with the button ???

Ok...So you checked flop....raise turn after he leads...?

If he has you beat at this point then the river doesn't change anything.... I think the river is a fold fwiw...but I get more money in when i think I'm ahead...and you have had 3 opportunities....

Vava
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM

raise pf, as played i bet call the flop, having checked the flop i defo push the turn.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would he really shove $100 in there to value bet? I don't remember him very much so I may have only played a couple sessions with him.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe not value bet- but I dont think he has a Q. Maybe he's trying to bluff out KK/AA. His line doesn't make sense.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was scared of the Q and the Q only. QQ now beats me. But I think I can stack him if he has AQ and it sorta seems like that flop check was with AQ. I think I should have shoved the turn but getting it in on the river if an A or Q doesn't hit isn't bad either I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just think his range is so huge here, you can't really be scared of QQ or AA. If he does have it, then at least he'll stack me here. My experience against these tags at NL100 is that they often overplay from the blinds when you steal a lot, and that his range here is probably 88+, almost any ace, some suited connectors and even air sometimes. If he has nothing, you're probably not getting anything by checking behind on the flop, except he'll take a stab at the pot on the turn sometimes. But if he's getting tricky with AQ, KQ, or even QJ, then you can easily get it all in if he check-raises you. However, if you push on the turn, he might fold some hands that he'd checkraise with on the flop. Checking behind is also giving him a free card to beat you.

Again, this is my experience in blind battles, and maybe I'm the one overplaying. But again, I think your hand is good on the flop 95% of the time, so get it in while you have the best of it.