Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: What I\'ve Learned.

If all lawsuits were ruled by 'loser pays all court costs' then the majority of ridiculous things that people sue each other over wouldn't happen.

Candidates for public office should get a set amount of money up front from their party for advertising and campaigning. Getting rid of the need to constantly campaign and take money from special interest groups would enhance the focus of our elected officials.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are never unhappy after taking your dog for a walk.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. no way. when i was a kid i used to have our dog and she'd take a [censored] hour to piss. god i [censored] hated that more anything.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 AM

Whenever you make a promise, don't break that promise.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 AM

I agree with the "say yes" to everything one. However it needs to be taken into context as mentioned, such as don't say yes to drugs, dangerous situations, etc.

What it means is, take a step outside yourself and do something even if you feel lazy or are nervous. Exploring with new people, new places, or even if your friends ask you to do something that sounds kind of boring, interaction and social situations are so much healthier than sitting in a room playing poker.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm givin all you youngins pearls here....print it out, write em down, commit them to memory, whatever. Save yourself the time and effort of learning these things on your own. Pokerbobo speaks the truth! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's funny how I disagreed with over half of what you said, and pretty strongly on a few (FWIW I'm 32) [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

- As a general rule, extremism, no matter the subject matter, is not a good thing. Extremism shuts your eyes to other views. Aristotle's "golden mean" and buddhism both incorporate this. "Every virtue is a mean between two extremes, each of which is a vice."

- Unlike adsman, I don't think sex is the most important thing in a relationship; I think similar interests and a deep "connection" (hard to quantify) both are more important. This after being in a relationship for 12 years btw.

- If you have an opportunity, get a pet. They make life richer. If you have children, it makes their life richer.

- Chase your dreams, but remember the golden mean principle.

- Try to _truly_ evaluate other peoples' view points. This is surprisingly hard.

- Life and its experiences are truly subjective. Don't judge other people based on your own values. I know, it's hard.

For example, I found some of adsman's lessons completely useless, and lots of pokerbobo's. That doesn't mean they're generally useless; it just means they're useless for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested in which ones you agree with and which ones you dont.

Obviously, some of mine are geared toward me only....so you can't disagree or agree with those, others were tongue in cheek attempts at humor.....but of the serious ones, which do you agree or disagree with?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this one

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. no way. when i was a kid i used to have our dog and she'd take a [censored] hour to piss. god i [censored] hated that more anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

training is important
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like this one

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Do you have a dog now? I mean once you are older and have work / life / poker tilt issues -- you go for a nice walk with your dog in the sun / rain / snow / cold / warm / hot / whatever, you come back with a smile on your face. All the issues fade away for a short while. It is quite nice.