FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is the Image real photo? 13
Yes 2 16.67%
No 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: 60k \"Staking\" dispute

Disclaimer: Contract law is not my specialty, and I haven't researched this. (Also, I've only read about 50% of this thread at the time of this posting.)

Filth, I think you actually have a fair chance at recouping your losses through legal means. It's unlikely that any court would consider "staking" and "makeup" as binding language, and would likely view this deal as a straight loan. Unless boosted could show that the money was intended as a gift or some kind of equity investment (which is obviously highly unlikely, given the view of the legal system toward Internet gaming), I would think that a court would find in your favor.

An added point is that the simple contractual principle stating that "ambiguities shall be construed against the drafter" strengthens your position. Boosted's statement that the deal was "100% no risk" makes the language of your agreement ambiguous at best, and while AIM conversations, at least in this instance, do not constitute a formal contract, this statement would most likely lend a great deal of weight to your position in any courtroom.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the whole point is that boosted would never change a loan to a stake if he were winning

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not even relevant at all.

I mean, I can ask you for a million dollars, a million dollars that I would never give you. If you're smart, you'll obviously say no, but I didn't do anything wrong in trying to get you to give me a million bucks. I'm not saying Boosted did nothing wrong here, but it wasn't wrong of him to try and get the most +EV deal he could. It was wrong of Yoguh to accept his offer in which he clearly was getting the short end of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fairly certain that you will find several people on here who disagree with this statement.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the whole point is that boosted would never change a loan to a stake if he were winning

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I can ask you for a million dollars, a million dollars that I would never give you. If you're smart, you'll obviously say no, but I didn't do anything wrong in trying to get you to give me a million bucks. I'm not saying Boosted did nothing wrong here, but it wasn't wrong of him to try and get the most +EV deal he could. It was wrong of Yoguh to accept his offer in which he clearly was getting the short end of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fairly certain that you will find several people on here who disagree with this statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that Boosted didn't really do anything wrong by negotiating to turn the deal into a stake as opposed to a loan.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know this has been the funniest thread I've ever read!!

Everyday I come and check out the latest and invariably end up rolling around laughing. Who ever it was who said they should tuen it into a book and sell it was right (I've enjoyed it thoroghly so far). However in the movie version I vote for the ending that involves all the animall assasins!!

[/ QUOTE ]

so people DO actualy read my posts once in awhile! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol phil, ur posts are always a fun read

[/ QUOTE ]

his old avatar was better though
Old 05-23-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that Boosted didn't really do anything wrong by negotiating to turn the deal into a stake as opposed to a loan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is part of your plan to try to slowly 'chip away' the # of things boosted did that were 'wrong'? Or maybe lessen the degree of 'wrongness' of boosted's actions in people's eyes? Did boosted turn into a 'toddler' and has you to speak for him now?

How far can you throw boosted?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 AM

i have looked this over very close and decidedthat boosted J is a piece of [censored]. it was a loan. pay up fker. boosted acts like he was begging for stakes. he was asking for loans bcause moneys were tied up right? i hope he gets robbed for it. and boosted u wont do [censored] to anybody.... if i ever see you im gonna call u out on it. gl OP with getting moneys but it looks like its a loss just by boosteds attitude. what a loser. people like boosted that walk on helping hands make me sick.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 AM

i just cant see aba/ phil/ cts pulling this shyt. i wonder why.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of this dude in college. There were a bunch of us sharing a big house and some of us decided to just share groceries and split the cost. One night this guy was just blithely standing in front of the refrigerator eating and eating. With absolutely no humor and absolutely no guilt he flat out said that he was eating as much as he could to maximize his return on investment.

We weren't really pissed. We thought it was funny. But we did kick him out of the food sharing group.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of this dude in college. There were a bunch of us sharing a big house and some of us decided to just share groceries and split the cost. One night this guy was just blithely standing in front of the refrigerator eating and eating. With absolutely no humor and absolutely no guilt he flat out said that he was eating as much as he could to maximize his return on investment.

We weren't really pissed. We thought it was funny. But we did kick him out of the food sharing group.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like credit card roullete.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Closed Thread