Old 02-26-2006, 03:14 AM

Default Re: 5/10 party big draw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lead flop and 3-bet all-in as others have said

PF is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

PF is poor; purge yourself of the habit of calling these drawing hands in the SB vs. steal-raisers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't know he's a steal-raiser, and if he is one but is also aggro this is the kind of hand you can win a lot of chips off him with.

Edit: You also have the possibility of multi-way callers when you call. The value of 46s definitely goes up multi-way, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true, he's not in "classic" steal position, so it's possible he's strong.

BUT you're gonna be playing this hand in the worst possible position, right after the raiser, where he's last to act. You also don't know if this is going to be multiway; it seems likely, but then again, it's also possible one of those limpers will come over the top big.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:43 PM

Well Said; Creed
Old 02-26-2006, 07:51 PM

Bet, you get raised, be happy, three bet. I would three bet huge, enough to completely committ yourself, and a push is fine. But doing this, you can get him to fold a hand like jacks (obivously), any other mid pair or AK high where he is 'continuation-raising' (taking his lead back). Also, how hard is it for him to call a three bet all in with AA or KK here, given that you have played solid. With just one pair, he will figure he is either slightly ahead or WAY behind. Since he should fear WAY behind to death, he should lay it down. I like calling preflop, I like the flop lead, I even like playing a hand like this from OOP becuase you can three bet if you smash the flop like this. I absolutely hate just calling the flop... It gives you half as many outs as you should have, now you will be forced to checkraise all in (where he's committed, and it's an awful play). Or just flat push, which is also not too good, becuase like I said, you have half as many outs... You're in good shape, if you want ANY kind of an aggressive image, this is a hand where you must get it all in ASAP.