Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Heroes Finale 5/21

ld,

in the 2nd to last episode when micah rigged the election she brought "her son" into the voting booth with her to show how democracy works. she was a large black woman.

i agree, i assume if she reverted to that form, about 85% of the people posting in this thread would be "who the [censored] was that fat black woman that got her ass kicked by niki?" without thinking.

edit: it's also possible that over time she's convinced herself that the hot woman was her real form, and when she reverted back subconsciously, that's what form she reverted to.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM

El D:

305k. I can't believe he turned it down.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 PM

El D, Candice is not dead, she just got punched out.

Maybe she's been in the hot form for so long she can keep it even out cold.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When she was knocked unconscious here I was sure she was going to change appearance into some hideous chick as a big OMG WOW moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When she was knocked unconscious here I was sure she was going to change appearance into some hideous chick as a big OMG WOW moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I really enjoyed the beginning of the season but after watching the Finale I realized that the writers really jumped the shark. It was horrible, way too many plot holes.

For instance: Candace talks about the world needing change because people judge the way other people look, hinting her default appearance is only an illusion and she's a fat bitch. However when she's knocked out she turns back the way she always has.

DL doesn't fall through the ground when using his phase shift powers.

Nathan flying peter up into the atmosphere and sacrificing himself, when Claire could've just shot him and let him regenerate.

Peter sucking ass and punching Sylar when he's got all the same powers.

Hiro running about 10 feet after he started time again to stab Sylar, with Sylar not reacting...when Hiro could've just stopped time and killed him there. It's already shown in the show that he can affect things while time is stopped.

I especially loved the part where Mr. Bennet took the time to reply with, "your last thought." giving the other guy with the gun about 3 seconds to pull the trigger on Parkman.

Nathan being able to take off and fly while being no more than 2 feet away from the Haitian.

I could go on, and on, and on...but I'm really let down.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM

The Candice thing really pissed me off. Do the writers assume that we are so stupid as viewers that we won't remember her revelation about being a fat chick last episode? I [censored] hate when writers of shows (especially serialized dramas) underestimate the intelligence of their audience.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When she visted the polling office as a fat black lady it was hinted that was her natural form.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was? Where? That lady was barely overweight, not really fat. Not the kind of thing she was referring to certainly.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Candice thing really pissed me off. Do the writers assume that we are so stupid as viewers that we won't remember her revelation about being a fat chick last episode? I [censored] hate when writers of shows (especially serialized dramas) underestimate the intelligence of their audience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe we overestimate their intelligence?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Candice is really a fat black woman. What the writers of Heroes were trying to convey is that really, deep down in their heart of hearts, all fat black women want to be thin white women.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DL doesn't fall through the ground when using his phase shift powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with any of your other issues, but if you're going to nitpick powers, you can find something like this with everyone's powers. How can Nathan fly so fast without hurting himself? How does Nikki not end up with bloody hands every time she punches something? etc. There's absolutely no reason to think he can't just phase with whatever he chooses to.