View Poll Results: Would you rather
die 66 49.62%
have the person you care most about die 67 50.38%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Random discussion crap - Summer \'07 edition

Question for the EDF regulars,

For my summer, I am looking into getting hired somewhere. More like a "real" job so to speak, instead of a temporary stop somewhere.

I just graduated college with an undergrad BS in Environmental Science. How do you guys typically handle the questions regarding salary range? My previous employment is poker which I don't want to mention, and projectionist at a movie theatre, which is not terribly lucrative. (It does provide down time for studying and other activities though.)
Making like 13 bucks an hour, thats just under $25k/year assuming 40 hour weeks.

Just any tips for these situations would be really appreciated right about now.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all the bricks make me think this is my alma mater.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your alma mater in central North Carolina?

Also, I was watching some cable news show yesterday, and I was just reminded of how swimmingly things are going in Iraq, how fantastic the progress must be, as they reported on the search for those 3 missing soldiers in the, and I quote, "Triangle of Death."

Triangle of Death!?! When can I vacation there?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just talked yesterday to an old enemy/friend of mine who did a year in Iraq. We used to be friends a couple years ago and then he did some messed up crap and I hated him. I've since grown and forgiven him, so I wanted to call him up and make sure he was ok.

The stories he was telling me about Iraq were just insane, and he was in Ramadi, which wasn't that bad of an area compared to others.

He was in a tank division and he said there wasn't a day that one of their tanks didn't get hit by a roadside bomb. The good thing is those roadside bombs wouldn't do jack to a tank. He had 42 men under him and was able to bring them all home safe.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for the EDF regulars,

For my summer, I am looking into getting hired somewhere. More like a "real" job so to speak, instead of a temporary stop somewhere.

I just graduated college with an undergrad BS in Environmental Science. How do you guys typically handle the questions regarding salary range? My previous employment is poker which I don't want to mention, and projectionist at a movie theatre, which is not terribly lucrative. (It does provide down time for studying and other activities though.)
Making like 13 bucks an hour, thats just under $25k/year assuming 40 hour weeks.

Just any tips for these situations would be really appreciated right about now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same field (although I don't have a degree) and same general area, so I've come across quite a few jobs. It sucks for me not having a degree though because I can do the work from previous work experience and training, but everywhere wants that piece of paper. If you want me to point you in the way of some agencies and/or companies, let me know.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM

yellow,

Check out the salary thread. In general, for people starting out in entry level professional jobs, just find out what they pay and say that.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:38 PM

Iggy,

We are complete opposites, lol. Companies appreciate my new degree, but then when I show up I have no previous work experience in Environmental Science. So I need much more training and supervision than someone like you, yet because I have the degree I am supposedly more desirable. Kinda funny/sad how things work sometimes.

I will PM you for some info in the future I am sure, I really appreciate the offer.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is currently the hottest girl on my hotornot meet me list, beat, brag or variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get out more son.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:28 PM

I will be spending the next 2 months researching how to write and then put together a business plan for a new product.

I have some people interested in investing in the idea and good feedback on it so far. It should be a good learning experience at the minimum.

I wish the masked man responded to my PM for his take on it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Well my move pretty much has consumed anything "cool" or "interesting" I can do this Summer. I do have a trip planned for late Summer to Hilton Head. A friend of mine is a tennis pro there so a bunch of us are headed there for her birthday. I've never been there and don't have a clue what it's even like, but since I'll be there with friends, there will probably be a lot of partying going on.

Oddly enough, it'll only be my third time ever being to the Atlantic Ocean. It'll be hot, so I'm looking forward to actually going into the ocean, since the Pacific is a little cold.

Anyone ever been to Hilton Head before?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is currently the hottest girl on my hotornot meet me list, beat, brag or variance?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get out more son.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a problem here?
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is your alma mater in central North Carolina?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, state school. lots of bricks everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good lord, can you guys just say "North Carolina State" and be done with this flirting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, it could be UNC. UNC has bricks. Lots of 'em.
Closed Thread