Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Heroes Finale 5/21

Biggest problem in the show, by far, is that they screwed up by giving three heroes way to powerful abilities and then use the internal retardation of said heroes to limit themselves to they don't have to write around them. A perfect example would be why Hiro doesn't just stop time and kill Sylar (hell, why didn't he do it in the future episodes when he clearly had a full grasp of the power?)

They get by with showing Hiro to be uncomfortable with using it as he wishes, but that can only be stretched so far. Same goes for Peter.

Also, anybody think that Sylar purposefully let Hiro kill him?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why Nathan stopped Claire from shooting Peter at the end and flew him off and committed suicide himself. Even if it was thought Peter's death would be permanent, why kill both of you instead of just Peter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because shooting someone in the head is not loving them. Sacrificing yourself is true love. Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's because he still thought Peter would survive the explosion, but obv survive a bullet to the head.

Main problem, though, is that peter himself could fly.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The finale was fine. I think some of you are expecting too much from this series. It's always been billed as "ordinary people with extraordinary abilities." It's not
an X-Men movie and it's never been one through the entire run of the series. You're expecting some $200 million showdown between Spiderman, The Hulk, Batman, Superman and Wolverine all rolled into one. It's not going to happen in this series and it will never get to that point. We get short glimpses of people's powers and that's about it, if you think that will change then you should probably stop watching the series. This show has always been about people and not about ultra-cool superhero death matches.

The finale could have been a little better. It did feel a little rushed, but I'm really interested in seeing what will happen next year and were they go with it.

Hey one of my predications came painfully true - "Ando will die." Poor Ando suffered a fate worse then death -- he got sent back to Japan to live out a miserable existence working for some big company in a cubicle. The writers must really hate Ando.
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. A lot of you - just like in the 'Lost' threads - will never be happy. You've built your expectations up way too high and, because of that, you'll never appreciate how good 'Heroes' is compared to all the other crap out there.

This show is a gem. The finale was fine. Calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...Heroes in reality is a subpar and poorly written show that remains popular because of a couple of interesting characters(Hiro/Sylar) and the popularity of X-men, which it rips off.

In terms of the total cheesyness and overall mediocre writing of the show the final didn't really disapoint if you take the season as a whole. The only problem is occasionaly the show has an outstanding episode both in story and writing(Bennett's stand alone etc) which shows you how great the show could actually be if they had really good writers on staff.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 PM

My god I love heros but that was so terrible. If Lost's finale is as bad as this I'll never watch Tv again.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you need is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVV VVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, i started singing this just as Nathan flew in and saved the day. I didn't stop laughing for a solid minute.

As a side note, anybody watch the Deal or No Deal shortly before the show? The dude had 25, 10k and 1 mil. Went for it, and lost the mil. His wife 'fainted', then he opened his case and was stuck with 25 bucks.

Worst part was Howey explaining how what he did made him a hero (i think the Soldier wearing a medal that opened the case might have been a little pissed at the association) and then because of his heroism in being a typical greedy do-nothing-want-everything stereotypical American he gets a free Jeep from Chevy.

seriously, when he lost the million, i was crying from laughter. Very very funny stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy was a hero. He jumped onto the new york subway tracks after another guy to hold him down and prevent the train from killing him. Story
Old 05-22-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All you need is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVV VVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, i started singing this just as Nathan flew in and saved the day. I didn't stop laughing for a solid minute.

As a side note, anybody watch the Deal or No Deal shortly before the show? The dude had 25, 10k and 1 mil. Went for it, and lost the mil. His wife 'fainted', then he opened his case and was stuck with 25 bucks.

Worst part was Howey explaining how what he did made him a hero (i think the Soldier wearing a medal that opened the case might have been a little pissed at the association) and then because of his heroism in being a typical greedy do-nothing-want-everything stereotypical American he gets a free Jeep from Chevy.

seriously, when he lost the million, i was crying from laughter. Very very funny stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy was a hero. He jumped onto the new york subway tracks after another guy to hold him down and prevent the train from killing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes. I've realized this and have been repenting all morning.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This show is a gem. The finale was fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand people defending the finale. I'm a big Heroe's fan and even I concede the finale was total crap. It isn't like they needed to have a huge uber fight with Peter/Sylar with tons of special effects. Just give me something - anything. How about having Nikki and Sylar have a vicious battle while Peter is recovering. Think how awesome that fight could be, perhaps Nikki tries to nail him again with the meter and he wraps it around her using telekenisis, and she busts free with her strength. Finally after duking it out Sylar knocks her out, is about to slice her head open and Peter steps in to save her while she is unconscious. That could have validated her entire character, as it was she was pretty much worthless, totally unneccessary for the show. Would that have cost them anything at all to do? No.

We're not all asking for Matrix style effects here. Just SOMETHING. How lame was it that in the end all the Heroes sit around doing a tag team on Sylar instead of all piling on at once. Ugh. Nikki has him on the ropes and she just leaves cuz Peter says so? Man I'm soooo pissed at this finale. A few tiny things could have been done to make it so much better (someone mentioned Hiro teleporting his sword into Sylar - how cool would that have been?) but no. We're left with drivel.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:00 PM

I don't think Peter can use two powers at the same time. We don't know if he remains invisible when he blocks the taser gun thing.
Why did they phase off Claude and The Haitian who were two of the best characters on the show?
Based on my expectations coming into the respective finales.
24>>>>> Heroes.
It still really bothers me that they haven't provided a reasonable motivation for Linderman/Peter's mom.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:11 PM

troy: What did the banker offer?

Deuce:

"The 'shapeshifter' chick reverting back to her hot mask is a plot hole, though weakly explainable. The reality is probably that the producers thought a third of the audience would be saying, "Who's the fat chick?""

Did we ever see her as her "real" form? I recall her talking about how painful it is to be made fun of and stuff but didn't recall her showing that. When she was killed here I was sure she was going to change appearance into some hideous chick as a big OMG WOW moment.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:12 PM

the finale was disappointing.

however:

it's clear that peter did not have control of his powers. as such, he clearly could not fly himself into space. anyone who is pissed off about this is not doing any sort of thinking about the show other than what it tells you.

nathan offing himself i think ruined a potentially great storyline of brother vs brother. i think that could have been awesome.

shooting peter stops it temporarily. then he recovers from the shooting and it repeats. again, you kinda had to think for just a minute here... every time he got the radioactivity or whatver you want to call it under control, it would come back. clearly the only way to truly get the overload out of his system was to, well, get it out of his system.

the scene with simone's dad was incredible. anybody hating on that scene can suck on it.

was the final episode a let down? sure. it probably wasn't even in the better half of the episodes. and yeah, it could have used a much better fight scene than it got. but it wasn't anywhere near as awful as people are making it out to be without even thinking about things before posting.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:12 PM

Diablo,

When she visted the polling office as a fat black lady it was hinted that was her natural form.

It's not a huge hole as much as it's an example of scatterbrained writing and plotting. Why waste a scene dropping hints and then not pay it off?