Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Blaaaaah I suck in reraised pots!

Something like a 23/15/4 TAG here, flop sucks but I don't think I can fold it, then when he shoves the river I'm not exactly loving my options.

What to do?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $191.15
BB: $200.00
UTG: $115.96
CO: $204.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $330.61</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $33.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $23.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($69) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $50.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($169) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $117.00</font>,
Old 05-22-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Blaaaaah I suck in reraised pots!

I doubt his hand is rated too much toward a bluff or a draw. So I think the turn is a fold.

The flop is pretty close. I don't mind the call though.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 PM

dont mind the flop call since you have position. how would you play your kings here?

better yet how does he think youd play a king. its not like this you might talk yourself into making a bad call with unknowns or prolly neutral call in metagame.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:02 PM

Flop call is standard imo, but turn really depends on how I think villian views me and how I think he'd play AK,AA here. I lean toward a fold, but could talk myself into calling depending on how I felt villian would play a hand that beats me here.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Without any history against villain in 3-bet pots and if you haven't seen him get out of line at all, i think this is a fold here. I think JJ or worse gives up here on the turn after getting called on the flop. Your hand looks like KQ/AK and he doesn't seem to expect you to fold here.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 PM

muck it. if he's good, he knows that QQ is at the bottom of your range here and he doesn't care.

most likely AA/KK/AK thinking you have AK at best. especially since he can't have the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] you should muck it.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:48 PM

Why aren't we 4betting this preflop? We raised from the button, remember, and villain has 2p2ish stats so he could be 3betting light or semi-light.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't we 4betting this preflop? We raised from the button, remember, and villain has 2p2ish stats so he could be 3betting light or semi-light.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think assuming anyone who has an x/y/z stat range is good would be a mistake. besides, 4betting QQ readless is generally not very good because of how most villains interpret it and with what ranges they do things with.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM

Yeah, dangerous assumption, that's probably true.

But why is 4betting QQ bad? Are we that afraid of villain holding AA/KK, and just calling for set value? Do we want to extract more value post-flop from weaker hands, effectively slowplaying a hand that has a big chance of getting an overcard flop (40% iirc)? I just don't get it.

Given how much 3betting there's going on in todays 6max games I'd think we'd be willing to push QQ every time when we're HU vs an aggressive opponent, and just chalk up the times he's holding AA/KK to variance. It also gives me fold equity for light 4-betting.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Assuming you aren't perceived as quite loose pre-flop, I like a flop fold against this villain.