Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM

Default Stick beating hand (NL50)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($49.25)
SB ($14.58)
BB ($28.88)
Hero ($54.95)
MP ($26.25)
CO ($33.68)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP folds, CO calls $10, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($30) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($30) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, CO calls $15.

Final Pot: $60
Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Stick beating hand (NL50)

Odd hand.

Pretty sure I don't cb into 3/5 players here oop though. Hard to comment thereafter since the rest of the hand is dependent on flop action. I find it hard to know what worse hand would call you at the end...QJ? AT? AJ? pp? More likely a scared K IMO. Dunno lol, I find the action hard to understand TBH.

And please post reads if you have them.

Ed: Actually, I suppose Adxd would call. Yeah, maybe your vb at the end is good, but don't quote me on that!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm seeing split pots all over here. But you might be ahead.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:57 PM

I don't really like this at all. Continuation betting into four people with second pair/no draw isn't really my idea of a good time, and I doubt it's profitable, since you have to take down the pot immediately 50% of the time to break even on the bet. Turn check is good. River bet has no value unless villain is an idiot. Obviously, a king will call, JT will call, and a stupid ace will call (but keep in mind you split this pot, as any ace now has AAKKQ). Will QJ call? Probably not. You might get some stray calls from worse hands, but the overwhelming majority of the time, you either fold out a hand you've already beaten, or get called by a hand that has you thrashed. Check and call a smallish bet. If villain has the stones to fire a pot-sized bet at you with a busted flush draw, give him a cookie, because your hand can't withstand that kind of heat.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like this at all. Continuation betting into four people with second pair/no draw isn't really my idea of a good time, and I doubt it's profitable, since you have to take down the pot immediately 50% of the time to break even on the bet. Turn check is good. River bet has no value unless villain is an idiot. Obviously, a king will call, JT will call, and a stupid ace will call (but keep in mind you split this pot, as any ace now has AAKKQ). Will QJ call? Probably not. You might get some stray calls from worse hands, but the overwhelming majority of the time, you either fold out a hand you've already beaten, or get called by a hand that has you thrashed. Check and call a smallish bet. If villain has the stones to fire a pot-sized bet at you with a busted flush draw, give him a cookie, because your hand can't withstand that kind of heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

well put. i just don't see any point in betting this flop.