Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: How do you guys deal with the boredom of everyday life?

[ QUOTE ]
I feel the same way all the time. You sound severely depressed. Go to the doctor, get on some meds. I used to think that I could control my own brain, so I went years upon years without seeking help. Working out, meeting people, hobbies that I enjoy, etc, didn't do [censored] for me.

Xanax is a good distraction. I have yet to find an antidepressant that works though .

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so neither meds nor self-control can remove the boredom/depressedness... Why do meds then?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You just summed up my thoughts exactly.

I wish I could get out more and have a life, but I have zero social skills and feel uncomfortable around people to the point that I can't even talk to them or even stand their prescence wheter they interest me or not.

But i think having good friends and a relationship is key to happiness in life. Going it alone is very difficult I can't take much more of this lonliness. Im the biggest loser, may god help me and you too my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Social skills can be learned. But it requires training [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Travel somewhere nobody knows you and force yourself to contact strangers in settings you're not used to. This way, when you make a fool of yourself, just say to yourself "whatever, I'll never see that guy/girl in my life again", and forget about it.

If you really want to be serious, try moving somewhere else permanently, starting over fresh with all your social relations. It can do wonders, but you have to have to actively try to do something about the situation, it doesn't fix itself.

Shizzle mentions low self esteem. That is often the root to the problem. There's no ABC on how to aquire better self esteem, but a couple of things that helped me:

-Focusing on your exterior. Work out. Think of what you wear, your hairdo, everything. A lot can be learned by looking to gay people (Just don't take it too far [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
-Make more $$$ than most of your friends

The first point is probably the safest and best tip. Several other people here have mentioned working out, setting physical goals etc. It's probably the most common advice for fighting depression. Do you see why?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:00 PM

post in this thread
Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so neither meds nor self-control can remove the boredom/depressedness... Why do meds then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just sharing my personal experience, although it's not uncommon to go through several meds before someone finds one that works for them. Hell, I may never find one.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You just summed up my thoughts exactly.

I wish I could get out more and have a life, but I have zero social skills and feel uncomfortable around people to the point that I can't even talk to them or even stand their prescence wheter they interest me or not.

But i think having good friends and a relationship is key to happiness in life. Going it alone is very difficult I can't take much more of this lonliness. Im the biggest loser, may god help me and you too my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Social skills can be learned. But it requires training [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Travel somewhere nobody knows you and force yourself to contact strangers in settings you're not used to. This way, when you make a fool of yourself, just say to yourself "whatever, I'll never see that guy/girl in my life again", and forget about it.

If you really want to be serious, try moving somewhere else permanently, starting over fresh with all your social relations. It can do wonders, but you have to have to actively try to do something about the situation, it doesn't fix itself.

Shizzle mentions low self esteem. That is often the root to the problem. There's no ABC on how to aquire better self esteem, but a couple of things that helped me:

-Focusing on your exterior. Work out. Think of what you wear, your hairdo, everything. A lot can be learned by looking to gay people (Just don't take it too far [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
-Make more $$$ than most of your friends

The first point is probably the safest and best tip. Several other people here have mentioned working out, setting physical goals etc. It's probably the most common advice for fighting depression. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man, i used to have great social skills and tons of friends, but then all hell broke less and since then i have to admit im not the same. exercise helps indeed , done that and it helped a little, but im at a point i need meds.

peopel say exercise u feel better but these people have never experienced true despair.

im happy with my appearence i cld get all types girls ,but i dont care about sex anymore and to be frank, i think the contact of other ppl makes me sick in all sorts of ways

i make m oney playing poker, nit much, like 16k per year, but im very happy with this set up.

u should study the gnostics mr indiansa

also, get a dog.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:45 PM

IMO asking the nits that are happy with the little things about how to be happy will not work indiana, find ur own recourse, and then relay it to me
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 PM

No offense OP but what exactly do you expect? Life does not owe you excitement. Find something worthwhile to do, and do it. That's all there is. Fulfilled people are living on the same boring planet that you live on. You sound less like you're depressed and more like a spoiled kid who just sits back and expects the word to entertain you. It don't work that way.