Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Re: How should I handle this situation?

[ QUOTE ]

Your response should be to ask him for an additional $500 to add to the $1500 so you can freeroll on his 2k for a night in repayment for your kindness, as you had done for him in the prior night.

At the end of the night after you are done playing, you can then repay him the $1500 if theres any left. If he doesn't go for this, then it shows he was taking advantage of your kindness, and thats not a friend, it's a predator.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was a very good suggestion
Old 05-13-2007, 01:36 AM

I was just read the old posts in this thread and I'm surprised that everyone (or most) say the friend deserves the $1500. The first advice I would've given the OP (if he's even still around) is to not trust that friend with his life. He couldn't even handle his money; I sure as hell wouldn't place my life on the line for him.

I agree that if I know 100% that I would've gotten the $1500 back, then the friend deserves the full $1500 and that's that. But in reality, it's much more likely that someone like that would default on the debt, and probably a good percentage of the time too. I personally think the friend doesn't deserve all of the profits, because I don't expect to see the money back a good amount of the time he actually ends up down.

That being said, I would still pay him the full amount, not because he deserves it, but because it's kind of silly to explain to him why I'm giving him $1200 because I feel the expected value of his defaults would roughly equal $300. I'd also pay him in full just to serve as a reminder to myself to NOT BE COMPLETE MORON in the future.

I still don't think he "deserves" the money, though.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 AM

Do NOT transfer him any $$$ over Stars. Your friend will never be able to cash out that $1500 because of Stars' stupid rules concerning money transfers and cash outs. He has to play LOADS of poker before a cash out would be accepted.

Please get a cheque, cash it, and give the profits to your friend and lever let him play on your account again.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:55 AM

Never let ur friends play on ur account, that being said I think that u and ur boy should have come to an aggreement before hand just like any other business/money deal. I would take a % of his winnings since it was my money he was gambling with prolly in the 20-40% range.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:13 AM

possibly a silly suggestion, but maybe spend the 1500 on something you guys can share? i can't think of much unless you are roomates, except maybe a vacation of some sorts?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 AM

nlnut = the guy from the pokerbots on FTP thread in internet gambling forum.