Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 AM

Default $3/$5 NL Live: KK in CO

a little back story. about 4 hands before this one, I took down a big pot (~$900) with JJJ against KK (i got the 3rd J on the turn, river was a blank) against the same guy. He is now ticked off at me for me bad beating him.

I am in the CO position with about $650 in front of me. I get dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villian in UTG+1, with about the same $'s, raises to $25. Folded around to me and I make it $100 to go. Button and blinds fold, villian calls.

Flop comes: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] . Villian checks, I bet out $150. Villian calls.

Turn comes: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian checks, I ???? <- (I am a little gun-shy that what I did to him is going to happen to me)
Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: $3/$5 NL Live: KK in CO

Check behind... Call reasonable river lead, or value bet the river (non-ace river). You don't want to see this pot gettin huge.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:23 AM

I'd check behind as he isnt playing any draws. His range is AQ/KQ and maybe 99+ (depending on how loose he is). Any hand with a Q calls any bet you make (or pushes). You may fold out TT/JJ hands with a big turn bet.

I think your best option is to check the turn behind and call a river bet (maybe even a shove) as the turn check may induce him to fire off with the hands in his range that you are beating. If he checks to you again on river obviously make a value bet that you think he will call with his lower pair.

In addition, if he is really tilting from that beat he may be inclined to get it in against you with more hands in hopes of getting payback.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:24 AM

Also howd you get down to 650 in 4 hands after a 900$ shipment? Would however this happened affect your table image?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a little back story. about 4 hands before this one, I took down a big pot (~$900)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am in the CO position with about $650 in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF happened during the other 4 hands???

I check behind, and call a river bet. If villian checks again on the river, bet.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM

def a check and prob call any bet on the river as tilt factor makes a bluff almost as likely as a made hand

how much does he have left?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
def a check and prob call any bet on the river as tilt factor makes a bluff almost as likely as a made hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Villains depth is a big question.

Given the tilt factor and the fact that you've lost $250 or so on the last 4 hands I'd raise more preflop ($30-35) and over bet the flop to say $225 or $250. If it's a pissing match with villain and he's taking it personal lets get some money in the pot.

GS
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF happened during the other 4 hands???

I check behind, and call a river bet. If villian checks again on the river, bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that was a typo - I had $850, not $650.

I did check on the turn, villian bet $300 on the river card, a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 11:57 PM

results: Villan bet $300 on a 7c river card. I folded my kings.

After the hand was mucked he was talking to the seat next to him about what cards I could have been playing. I told him what I had and he didn't believe me. He seemed rather put out by that fact and figured I was leveling him. He said that he couldn't believe that anyone with KK would check on the turn. He was sort of pissy about it too. strange.

I asked him what he had, he wouldnt say, but later on in the conv. with his seatmate I heard him say he had AKs. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had about $800 left before we started the hand.

He WAS bluffing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]