Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: 50nl suited con.

Yea, it was played pretty fast.. glad to hear river is a call.

To my surprise, villan flipped over quad 6's
Old 05-21-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the UTG raise unless the table is extremely passive. Once you raise PF, I think a c-bet is necessary on this flop. On the turn, you picked up a OESD to go with your FD. I like the leading bet too. I also like the river if you are very sure villain would make a bet. But...villain looks like he is drawing too. So, is your flush better? The river c/c is not a bad play. Think what you would do if you had lead on the river and villain RR you. Now, you start to question your flush. I don't think villain would call with a 6 in his hand, so a FD draw or 77-JJ is most likely. In thinking about it, I let let the villain bet the river. Your line with the check on the river makes it look like you gave up on the hand. I think you still take down a good sized pot when you have the best hand and you save some $$ if villain has a slightly better flush.

What are your thoughts on this line of thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

So pretty much, you like my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like it. I think a case can be argued for another line, but yours is acceptable. I almost never think there is just one way...or even two ways to play a hand. There is always different ways a hand can be played so called "correctly". Or +EV. You did okay! I do like the line. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM

And thanks for the responses!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like drawing on paired boards against apparently decent opponents when I am OOP. I think I check the turn and see what he does. As played, I call that river bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and addition to this, why are you semi-bluffing to check when you catch up? I mean taking the lead on the early streets and then check-raising against a lot of hands that beat you that will betting that river is pretty fishy. You're calling to catch people with air here. Lead and fold to a raise or check and fold to most bets on this river.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like drawing on paired boards against apparently decent opponents when I am OOP. I think I check the turn and see what he does. As played, I call that river bet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and addition to this, why are you semi-bluffing to check when you catch up? I mean taking the lead on the early streets and then check-raising against a lot of hands that beat you that will betting that river is pretty fishy. You're calling to catch people with air here. Lead and fold to a raise or check and fold to most bets on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, against this type of villan, i think you can extract as played.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM

Can you elaborate, please?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you elaborate, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

sry i got to this so late.

I think you can extract with this check b/c if i lead here, a rr HURTS.
And its also a big scare card. I know that villan was a thinking player and can attack weakness, so with that check, he may put me on QQ/JJ/1010/etc etc so with that big scare card he's liable to bet out with a large enough range that we can extract value from hands he would normally fold to a river bet.
... i think [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]