Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Live 5/10 NL : \'LAG\' Turned Trips + Open ended vs. 2 Villains

I've been lurking since early 2003, and have tried to post hands about 4 times since then, and EVERY time something goes wrong and I don't end up posting. But...here goes, I'm saving drafts as I go along just in case.

Oh and by the way, thank you to this community for helping me take care of some of my bills [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

9-handed 5/10 $500 restricted buy-in at Hawaiian Gardens

Stacks:
Hero 3500
Villain 1 (SB) 870
Villain 2 (EP) 885
Other stacks irrelevant

EP completes
EP+1 completes
Hero 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] raises to $50 in CO
SB calls
EP calls
EP+1 calls

3 to the flop
Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

A little history

Me: Young looking asian guy, short hair. I have raised the last 4/6 hands preflop, which is standard for the last 3 orbits. I was quiet the 4-5 orbits prior to that however. I play at HG about 2/week depending on schedule (used to play almost daily online but lets not go to that depressing topic). Regulars probably view me as one of the more aggressive players, with huge preflop raise range. I show down very few hands. I am currently on a rollercoaster ride due to flush draws getting there, floppin set UNDER set, flopping set OVER set, etc. It's a great session, very fun. There is no discernible pattern to my PF raise amount, well there is, but it's based on position and # players.

SB: 50's asian guy, looks like a tourny player, I've had the pleasure to observe about 150 hands on prior occasions, seems to be ABC player, nothing out of line, not sure if he recognizes me. This is his second orbit, moved from a broken game.

EP+1: mid 40s Middle Eastern guy (one of 2 non asians at the table-standard at HG) Down 5-6K from what I've seen the last 5 hours. Prays to hit all draws no matter how bad, calls down with second pair hoping to hit and is paranoid of all other draws drawing out on him. Epitomy of Loose Passive. Will call ANY amount with any OESD, Gutshot, FD. I've managed to bust his AA (he still talks about it), and bluff him out of 2 pots (did not show), and he caught me in 1 bluff (total miss, small pot)

On to the flop action:
SB checks
EP+1 checks
Hero bets $150
SB raises to $300
EP folds
EP+1 calls
Hero calls

Turn Pot = $1110 ish
recap stacks
SB 570
EP+1 585
Hero Covers

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Board: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me

Hero ??????

SB range on the flop is anywhere from a set, made straight, overpair, 2 pair.

EP+1 is certainly on a flush draw or straight draw. He does not have a straight, set, overpair, or an 8 because he would have bet or pushed on flop or certainly on turn.

If Hero Checks,
what's the action if river is a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
blank such as K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Thank you in advance for all your responses
Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 NL : \'LAG\' Turned Trips + Open ended vs. 2 Villains

easy push
Old 05-21-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 NL : \'LAG\' Turned Trips + Open ended vs. 2 Villains

No reason not to try and get the money in.