Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: 5.20 sopranos

One thing that has been disappointing about the season is that, while Chase has done a masterful job illustrating the psychological warfare ensuing inside Tony, we're slowly coming to terms we'll have to say goodbye to a slate of WONDERFUL characters without much storyline given to each individual. For example:

Paulie: While it looks as though he will play a part in the final two episodes, we weren't privy to his victory over cancer, we weren't able to witness much of his dealing with Nuccia's death ("jesus, mary and joseph paulie!") and he hasn't been as central as many originally anticipated to the plot.

Silvio: Who? Van Zandt might as well be wearing an invisible cloak sadly enough. After watching his menacing scowl as he offed Adrianna, one would have thought his travails would have played more of a part in the end...not so much.

Artie: Unless I just missed it (and I'm a huge Artie fan, so I doubt it), he's had only one minor cameo this year..that being at the Moltisanti wake. Very disappointing not to see more of his comical act...still love the scene where he's standing in front of the mirror preparing for his confrontation with Jean-Phillipe (hmm, amazing he was able to whip Benny "The Do" Fazio given that glimpse of his persona). Here's hoping we see more of him coming up...at least more than a cameo.

Bobby B: After whacking the Canadian, I thought - again - we'd see more of Bobby or some sort of follow up to that storyline. Guess not...

Other notes:

- has anyone else noticed the character dropped in out of nowhere...that being Frank John Hughes (Band of Brothers). He was never part of the cast until two episodes ago and now he's seen as part of Tony's circle of trust with Paulie, Sil, Benny, Bobby and Patsy.

You have to think either the guy is going to play some role coming up (cuz he's a HELL of an actor) OR HBO owed him some cash or a favor and he wanted a part in the show. Very odd...love seeing him on the show though. Listed as Walden Belfiore on the credits...

- Did anyone else get the isane, no-reason-to-even-go-there, thought that with AJ's obsession with terrorits, the interest in the Palestinian conflict, the terrorism subplot, the look (seriously), and the Al-Jazeera web viewing that the storyline was going to take a weird turn to AJ going that route? I know it's insane and I'm a logical guy..but, the thought hit me as I was watching that evolve..anyone else?