Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 01:21 PM

Default 50nl suited con.

Alright.. here we go again. Hopefully this wont be as bad as that past 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand i posted.

I am around 19/15/3.5
Villan is 16/11/3.6

With this hand, the villan was deep with a [censored] idiot, so his call could be a whole lot of things.. I had a feeling he was trying to price him into the hand.

Also, although I hadn't been calling him down, villan has been muscleing me around a bit.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $66.55
BB: $47.60
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $48.95</font>
MP: $98.25
CO: $60.70
BTN: $128.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($4.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, MP calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($10.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, MP calls $7.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($24.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $17.00</font>, Hero calls $17.00

Pot Size: $58.25 ($2.90 Rake)
Old 05-20-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: 50nl suited con.

I don't like drawing on paired boards against apparently decent opponents when I am OOP. I think I check the turn and see what he does. As played, I call that river bet too.

Vern
Old 05-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Yea, i didnt' like it much, but was seeing how far out of line i really was.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM

mmmmmmmm Not sure If I agree with the river check, why wouldn't you bet the river.

and having played as is, how bad is a river raise?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 PM

Didn't bet the river cause i wanted to entice a bet.. underestimating my hand. He might bet that with ak/kq/99+

thought i could extract some.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:51 PM

Betting the river is sooooooooooo much better than checking.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:55 PM

I don't like the UTG raise unless the table is extremely passive. Once you raise PF, I think a c-bet is necessary on this flop. On the turn, you picked up a OESD to go with your FD. I like the leading bet too. I also like the river if you are very sure villain would make a bet. But...villain looks like he is drawing too. So, is your flush better? The river c/c is not a bad play. Think what you would do if you had lead on the river and villain RR you. Now, you start to question your flush. I don't think villain would call with a 6 in his hand, so a FD draw or 77-JJ is most likely. In thinking about it, I let let the villain bet the river. Your line with the check on the river makes it look like you gave up on the hand. I think you still take down a good sized pot when you have the best hand and you save some $$ if villain has a slightly better flush.

What are your thoughts on this line of thinking?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the UTG raise unless the table is extremely passive. Once you raise PF, I think a c-bet is necessary on this flop. On the turn, you picked up a OESD to go with your FD. I like the leading bet too. I also like the river if you are very sure villain would make a bet. But...villain looks like he is drawing too. So, is your flush better? The river c/c is not a bad play. Think what you would do if you had lead on the river and villain RR you. Now, you start to question your flush. I don't think villain would call with a 6 in his hand, so a FD draw or 77-JJ is most likely. In thinking about it, I let let the villain bet the river. Your line with the check on the river makes it look like you gave up on the hand. I think you still take down a good sized pot when you have the best hand and you save some $$ if villain has a slightly better flush.

What are your thoughts on this line of thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

So pretty much, you like my play?
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Abo, you need to explain if you post an opinion this strident.

A bet is probably better as many worse hands will check behind when the flush completes, whereas if we bet, many of those same worse hands will call. Checking behind here with KQ is too tempting, as would be calling with it.

I feel pretty nervous about that paired board and being OOP, and I doubt I'd play it this fast. As played, I do call river.