Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 05:37 PM

Default 25NL: TT in a reraised pot.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $23.50</font>
BB: $29.80
UTG: $11.50
MP: $25.15
CO: $21.80
BTN: $13.20

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">No real reads on PF raiser.Only a few hands at my table and he limped or raised most of them.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.20</font>, BB folds, CO calls $2.20

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.65) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $18.60</font>, Hero calls $13.60

My bet on the flop was a bit big .
How would you play this hand :
A) CO goes all in after my bet - I called .
B) CO calls your bet and a blank hits?
C) CO calls and TURN is a Q,K,A?
D) CO minraises your FLOP bet ?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: 25NL: TT in a reraised pot.

reload preflop.

why re-raise preflop?

yes the flop CB is too big. In a re-raised pot half pot bets are ample.

a) call but hate it, we are getting &gt;2:1 but what hands are we ahead of here? AK/AQ - air - maybe T8 56
b) c/c hoping to get to SD cheap. If he pushes then his stack is smaller than the pot - so call.
c)push
d) probably push.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reload preflop.

why re-raise preflop?

yes the flop CB is too big. In a re-raised pot half pot bets are ample.

a) call but hate it, we are getting &gt;2:1 but what hands are we ahead of here? AK/AQ - air - maybe T8 56
b) c/c hoping to get to SD cheap. If he pushes then his stack is smaller than the pot - so call.
c)push
d) probably push.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I looked at this stats (but not the number of hands) he was something like 35/20 and after I reraised I realised that these were for only &lt;30 hands(my mistake)

Do you C-bet this flop with overcards?
Something like A72
K45 ?
Old 05-21-2007, 06:26 PM

I don't think the RR PF is a bad play. Villain could have ATC and just playing position, so RR and make him play poker.

I don't mind the bet flop size in my opinion. If villain is playing a big A, then he really can't continue with any strength if you bet the flop.

Once the villain pushes, you have to put him on a bluff with a big A (unlikely with a rainbow flop), TPTK (unlikely since he called a RR), a set, or overs to your tens. Against most opponents, you are probably behind once he pushes. Without a read on villain, you are really hoping for a donkey thinking TPTK or a mid PP is good. Otherwise, the prudent play is to fold.