Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 10:21 PM

Default A funny couple hands from my game...

So I organized and continue running a small stakes ($10NL) game for grad students and post-docs on my campus. We normally get about 7 players, and a few rebuys through the night. Remember, we're poor.

So early on, we're 6 handed, one of the guys in MP raises to 30c, he's pretty loose but raises when he has a hand, gets two callers. Flop comes down A99, check, MP bets, fold, fold, he shows AsQc.

Next hand, he raises it to 30c again, one caller. Flop is A99, check bet fold. He shows AsQc again.

This was with a different deck, and one of the other players also said he got the same hand both times (something like T7o, but I'm not totally sure). Anyway, this game is just a bunch of scientists having fun, thought I'd share this one.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: A funny couple hands from my game...

Are you sure you weren't using Pinochle decks?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:59 AM

Great coincidence story.

I once got knocked out two weeks in a row to the same guy and he had the same hand both times (8,9,spades).
Old 05-21-2007, 02:37 PM

Another hand from that game:

I tell everyone we've got to stop by 11:50 pm, as my car needs to be moved at midnight, and hell, it's getting late for a Thursday. So someone calls last hand around 11:45, and we all agree. I'm one of the few people in this game that waits for his/her action to actually check my cards, and I'm in the SB. We're down to 5 handed, UTG folds, CO and button limp, I had forgotten to toss in my blind, so I do that and start to look at my cards, but the BB checks. I say "Wait, I haven't acted." I look down at AA, so I raise it to 40c. BB is not happy with me, but then again she raised me a few times when I just completed the SB, so she had it coming. BB and the limpers call. Flop is A95, 2 hearts. I bet out 80c, and everyone folds. Of course I show my hand. Why couldn't someone have gotten a little gambool in them for the last hand?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Who cares how much the buy-in is? Post the hands as 100BB stacks and 5/10 and no one will know any different.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tell everyone we've got to stop by 11:50 pm, as my car needs to be moved at midnight, and hell, it's getting late for a Thursday

[/ QUOTE ]

Wimp

[ QUOTE ]
I had forgotten to toss in my blind, so I do that and start to look at my cards, but the BB checks. I say "Wait, I haven't acted." I look down at AA, so I raise it to 40c. BB is not happy with me, but then again she raised me a few times when I just completed the SB, so she had it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minor point of contention, Mr Host. By throwing the chips in that way, it was a natural assumption (mistaken, but natural) to assume you were limping. So, to raise after the check was legal, but maybe not in the best interests of the game. Just something to remember as host.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I show my hand. Why couldn't someone have gotten a little gambool in them for the last hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, if you DON'T show that you weren't gambooling, they'll think you were, dodo. :P
Old 05-21-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I tell everyone we've got to stop by 11:50 pm, as my car needs to be moved at midnight, and hell, it's getting late for a Thursday

[/ QUOTE ]

Wimp

[/ QUOTE ]

Street cleaning tickets in San Francisco >>> than the buy-in for my game.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had forgotten to toss in my blind, so I do that and start to look at my cards, but the BB checks. I say "Wait, I haven't acted." I look down at AA, so I raise it to 40c. BB is not happy with me, but then again she raised me a few times when I just completed the SB, so she had it coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minor point of contention, Mr Host. By throwing the chips in that way, it was a natural assumption (mistaken, but natural) to assume you were limping. So, to raise after the check was legal, but maybe not in the best interests of the game. Just something to remember as host.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely should have been more clear, but I was tired and getting distracted by UTG already counting up his chips and getting the other deck pushed to me (to shuffle), even though it was the last hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I show my hand. Why couldn't someone have gotten a little gambool in them for the last hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next time, if you DON'T show that you weren't gambooling, they'll think you were, dodo. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, we get fireworks on the last hand. Last two times there have been all-ins on the flop, generally with the shorter stacks. Two of the guys in the hand are the type to do that.