Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 11:05 PM

Default (Sunday Millions) Standard push?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t8000 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB (t119570)
Hero (t66570)
UTG+1 (t122060)
MP1 (t25142)
MP2 (t42976)
MP3 (t92446)
CO (t191350)
Button (t52711)
SB (t244070)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t66170</font>

</font>

Standard push or I should wait for better position for a shove? Note that I'm playing over my bankroll and just taking a shot at the biggest tourney on Pokerstars. I know it should not influence my decision but [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

ChaV
Old 05-21-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Re: (Sunday Millions) Standard push?

Yes, very standard.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that I'm playing over my bankroll and just taking a shot at the biggest tourney on Pokerstars. I know it should not influence my decision but it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very easy and you know you would have made that same move in any other tourney that you regularly play in.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 AM

I made the push and ran into a monster but oh well it was very standard. Another hand where I think I played weak but this was on the 488$-735$ bubble (about 15 players left). I've been on this table for about 2 orbits and the guy didn't play a hand outside the blinds at all. No other read. My image is quite aggressive and I've been raising PF for the blinds without any sucess 2 times with marginals hands. Do you think I can have a better situation where I can be opening the pot in the next hands? Don't have much FE against that guy and I don't think I'm beating anything in his limping range. The BB might also consider going all in if I shove this because he will have very good odds. Also consider the money factor in the decision please.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t6000 (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO (t111470)
Hero (t26750)
SB (t63634)
BB (t24614)
UTG (t28838)
UTG+1 (t85989)
MP1 (t133116)
MP2 (t97234)
MP3 (t37420)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t6000, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero ?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 AM

1st hand is obv superstandard.

2nd hand, you may not be ahead of his range if he's supertight, but I'd take this chance to double up for sure. 2 orbits isn't really enough to decide he's supertight though...I'd push it in without much thought here with 4.5 BBs and a good chance of a race.

Or you could fold like a little bitch if you want to make the next level.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:33 AM

It's not normal to want a little more FE when shoving with a hand like k-q? There's about no chance he's gonna fold and I don't see him having k-j or any hand I'm beating. I prefer shoving with any two next hand if it's folded to me in the CO I think...

And it's not a question of being a little bitch or not, there's about 250$ more in 2 hands from now if I fold this hand and for me, it's not worth the risk of busting with a crappy hand facing a limp and no FE against the table big stack.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:45 AM

I push #1 and #2.

#2 obv you can't just limp and folding is pretty weak. I think you are just about equal to his range, if not ahead. It's probably made up of small/mid pair's, say KJ, QJ, JT and a few suited aces thrown in.

What you gonna do, keep folding until you have like 2 BB's?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not normal to want a little more FE when shoving with a hand like k-q? There's about no chance he's gonna fold and I don't see him having k-j or any hand I'm beating. I prefer shoving with any two next hand if it's folded to me in the CO I think...

And it's not a question of being a little bitch or not, there's about 250$ more in 2 hands from now if I fold this hand and for me, it's not worth the risk of busting with a crappy hand facing a limp and no FE against the table big stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're in a tight spot. You have ~4 BBs left. Chances are, you won't get any better spots to double up than here. It would be cool to have FE, but chances are you're going to have very little FE anyway in the next few hands.

If you really worry about a bubble like this, take the T$ the next time. On the other hand, if you played the Million to have a shot at the big dream for the big cash, go for it.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:22 PM

With 4BBs and KQ it's also a very easy shove.