Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 AM

Default $0.10 BB NL: JJ up against LAG - how to play?

Any advice on this one? Villian is loose agressive at 69, 12, 3.5 so his range could be anything. Any help would be appreciated...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $4.95
<u>Hero (BB): $10.90</u>
UTG: $8.55
CO: $4.05
<u>BTN: $12.80</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.90) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.40

He is so loose it is highly possible he made two pair. Trips is probably the only credible hand i am afraid of.

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($4.70) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>.

What should I do here? Any suggestions?

HF
Old 05-21-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: $0.10 BB NL: JJ up against LAG - how to play?

I don't like the turn bet, because you've now put in about half your stack and are committed to the hand without getting any information really. He is LAG and limping on the button, so the range is very wide. Have you seen him showdown or lay down hands where he had min raised? Without a solid read on him minraising with air or less than a solid hand (trips in this situation), it's a tough spot. He probably doesn't have an overpair else he would raise PR or on the flop. And he seems perfectly ok with getting it all in. I'd probably fold this and restack and give him the opportunity to stack off in another spot. I really don't think you're good here. But IMO you check this turn and use your reads to determine whether to fold the turn or come over top. IME, the best way to neutralize LAGs is to keep from getting in tight spots and put them in them instead when they get out of line.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:39 AM

I figured that his range was so wide that he was most likely holding 9x.

if % 9x &gt; % two pair + % trips + % overpair

then a betting correct i think.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:40 AM

looks good to me, get it in
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 AM

Shove
Old 05-21-2007, 11:48 AM

He could have a 6 but he could have a 9 a lot more here. And some other interesting holdings. If he really is 69/12 over a decent sample size then he's probably a huge fish and should be pursued vigilantly (that is you should be willing to sit with him at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

I shove this and if he's a 6 - well, you're gonna get your money back from him sooner or later anyway. Turn bet is fine by me.