Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM

Default Re: The wondrous, non-coercive philosophy of anarcho-capitalism

[ QUOTE ]
I liked when you tried to introduce Cliffnotes.. I was like wow is he going to suggest that we all start saying "ship it, holla!!" to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

..mutating forums to twoplustwo since 2005. One owl and cliffnote at a time.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bkholdem;

Stefan has some great ideas. There is no need to slander him. He has issues, as we all do. In this case it's just really tragic that on his end, he did not choose to introspect in any way, but decided to go with his preconceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I told you as much when I went through the same thing with him last year and you held the opinion 'there was no credence to my view' or something like that.

If you remember I told you to challenge his view and not back down and see what happens.

I am not slandering him. What you yourself described is in fact narcisstic behavior.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not talking about the dispute companies owning land, I'm talking about all the land-owning companies in ACland that you all want to pretend won't exist, and which will have carte blaqnche sovereignty over their territory and operate very much like a "state".

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the problem here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. If you don't like their rules, you can always STFU & GTFO, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. GTFO... of THEIR property. The state tells you to STFU & GTFO... of YOUR property.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep pretending that the territory you live on is somehow "your property." Unless I have an atlas out of date and missing PVNland, then I don't think your territory is what you think it is.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> "hmm, this podcast really does sound pretty awful... i better do some damage control, hopefully convince people not to listen. but how...? ah, i know! i'll try to discredit it. guess i should go for sarcasm - better turn on caps-lock too, to make it sound exaggerated. okay, here goes..."

"guess i'll open with some l337, that sounds ridiculous, maybe it'll cue the laughter"
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
OH NOES,

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> "good start, good start. now what? ah yes, i better make it sound like molyneux is out of the mainstream of ac's... but sh*t! how can i do that? he hosts freedomainradio for chrissakes! hmm... ah-hah! i know! i'll just minimize! i'll refer to him as 'an acist', with no emphasis at all, that should make him seem unimportant!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
I FOUND AN ACIST

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"now, what about the awful, dystopian picture of ac he was spouting on that podcast? god damn him for making us look so bad... maybe i can minimize again here? it'll be stupidly transparent, but that thing was so bad i guess i better give it a shot, hope this works!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
WHO SAYS SOME STUFF THAT SOUNDS SORT OF UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"lol, i hope they fall for that. i should probably tie it together somehow... ah sure, i'll make a completely spurious argument that has nothing whatsoever to do with the OP. as long as my readers are stupid as hell, that should work!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
ERGO AC IS A SYSTEM THAT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"now a little more l337, keep 'em distracted, keep 'em distracted"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
!!!! QED!!!1!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"cool. now, for the coup de grace, i'll close with a specious formal analogy, and I've got just the one in mind:

dictatorship:democracy :: ac:ac

Yep, that's it:

'dictatorship is to democracy as AC is to AC'

jesus, now how the
hell am i gonna sell that?

hmm, well, as long as readers don't employ their analytical abilities whatsoever, i've at least got a chance to fool 'em! still, since my false analogy is so completely transparent, i better heap some more sh*t on my pile. what to do, what to do... ah! i know! i'll use another specious argument - if i keep 'em coming fast and furious, maybe people really won't actually think about what i'm saying."
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I found a state that is "bad". Therefore, we can conclude that statism is always going to be exactly like this!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"finally i'll throw in a picture of a dictator, pictures are distracting - and heck, the guy behind him has on shiny buttons, which is even more distracting! this should really make a hash of things"</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Hey PVN:

Yeah, you fooled us.

Nice hand.

Best regards,
Jogger</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thing gets thrown out the window when you think you get to redefine the analogy to suit you, i.e.

democracy:dictatorship::AC:AC

Thats not the analogy at all. The analogy is
statism:statism::AC:AC
or
democracy:dictatorship::Molyneux's version of ACvn's version of AC

Its a really dishonest tactic, and you do it while criticizing HIM for dirty fighting?
Old 05-20-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> "hmm, this podcast really does sound pretty awful... i better do some damage control, hopefully convince people not to listen. but how...? ah, i know! i'll try to discredit it. guess i should go for sarcasm - better turn on caps-lock too, to make it sound exaggerated. okay, here goes..."

"guess i'll open with some l337, that sounds ridiculous, maybe it'll cue the laughter"
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
OH NOES,

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> "good start, good start. now what? ah yes, i better make it sound like molyneux is out of the mainstream of ac's... but sh*t! how can i do that? he hosts freedomainradio for chrissakes! hmm... ah-hah! i know! i'll just minimize! i'll refer to him as 'an acist', with no emphasis at all, that should make him seem unimportant!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
I FOUND AN ACIST

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"now, what about the awful, dystopian picture of ac he was spouting on that podcast? god damn him for making us look so bad... maybe i can minimize again here? it'll be stupidly transparent, but that thing was so bad i guess i better give it a shot, hope this works!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
WHO SAYS SOME STUFF THAT SOUNDS SORT OF UNCOMFORTABLE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"lol, i hope they fall for that. i should probably tie it together somehow... ah sure, i'll make a completely spurious argument that has nothing whatsoever to do with the OP. as long as my readers are stupid as hell, that should work!"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
ERGO AC IS A SYSTEM THAT IS ALL ABOUT MAKING PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"now a little more l337, keep 'em distracted, keep 'em distracted"</font>

[ QUOTE ]
!!!! QED!!!1!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"cool. now, for the coup de grace, i'll close with a specious formal analogy, and I've got just the one in mind:

dictatorship:democracy :: ac:ac

Yep, that's it:

'dictatorship is to democracy as AC is to AC'

jesus, now how the
hell am i gonna sell that?

hmm, well, as long as readers don't employ their analytical abilities whatsoever, i've at least got a chance to fool 'em! still, since my false analogy is so completely transparent, i better heap some more sh*t on my pile. what to do, what to do... ah! i know! i'll use another specious argument - if i keep 'em coming fast and furious, maybe people really won't actually think about what i'm saying."
</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I found a state that is "bad". Therefore, we can conclude that statism is always going to be exactly like this!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">"finally i'll throw in a picture of a dictator, pictures are distracting - and heck, the guy behind him has on shiny buttons, which is even more distracting! this should really make a hash of things"</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue"> Hey PVN:

Yeah, you fooled us.

Nice hand.

Best regards,
Jogger</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, in my year of lurking this forum I have never seen somebody get owned as badly as PVN just was.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You keep pretending that the territory you live on is somehow "your property." Unless I have an atlas out of date and missing PVNland, then I don't think your territory is what you think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure if you visit a government building they'll show you a map with my property on it.

*prepares for "OMG YEAH BECAUSE THEY LET YOU USE IT" post*
Old 05-20-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, in my year of lurking this forum I have never seen somebody get owned as badly as PVN just was.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you mean see someone act as much of a douchebag as Jogger just did?

Not every ACist things the same way. Mind blowing, I'm sure.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure if you visit a government building they'll show you a map with my property on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't show you a map that says you are the sovereign owner of any territory. But hey, keep ignoring that reality.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? Right, wrong, or otherwise, the government will take your land whenever it deems. I'm sure you've heard of "eminent domain." Doesn't sound much like ownership to me.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't show you a map that says you are the sovereign owner of any territory.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do I care? I never said they would. Simply that they say that I own that property.