Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 AM

Default situation with staker wanting hand histories, no biggie

Hi,

Sorry, hope this is the right forum, apologies if not. I don't play a ton of MTTs cause of the time involved, but I do well when I do and have an online acquaintance who was talking about staking me in the 250k added sunday million this week. It looks like I probably won't bother, because he wants me to play in a way (squeak into money) that is not how I normally play and makes no sense for either of us, but that's not the issue.

The issue is, while discussing this on AIM, he was saying that he'd want my hand history for the tourney afterwards to look through. Now, it's irrelevant if I don't play for him anyway, but is this normal? I just don't know if it's a regular thing that people ask for? I don't think it's unreasonable and I'd send it to him, just wanted to know if it's common practice. I can't see how he'd have time to go through the whole thing anyway. Does anyone really do this?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: situation with staker wanting hand histories, no biggie

To answer your question, I don't think it's entirely normal to ask for hand histories to analyze (at least I don't and if it's the norm, well I guess I should but oh well...).

If he wants someone to play the way he wants, why doesn't he do it himself?

As for hand histories, I don't think it's normal. When I've staked someone, I might ask for a couple key hands here and there, but not usually. If I'm staking someone, I do it will full confidence that they'll do the right thing, even if it might be a play I might disagree with.

On a side note, can you imagine if someone asked you do some similar thing in a live tournament...
Old 05-20-2007, 01:56 AM

Right, I mean, I'm not posting this to argue with him or show him he's wrong, I think the situation is just that he likes the overlay in the sunday mill and wants extra exposure or something. To me, it's just not optimal to buy someone in and say "try to win but please cash". I don't think he stakes people regularily, so probably all this is just sort of just wanting to be super careful or whatever. Which is also part of why I don't think we're doing anything (giving him the HH's don't matter to me, but the fact he asked made me wonder if that was common or what).

And yeah, would be tricky in a live tourney, haha good point. All the terribly ones I've been in would be easy enough to summarize: "Yeah so we played 10 hands in the first 30 minutes, and of course by then the blinds had gone up twice and the average stack size was 10 big blinds, I lost an 80-20 and that was that".
Old 05-20-2007, 12:19 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

for cash games sending hand histories is standard, dont know about tournaments
Old 05-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Not standard, but never hurts to get a player whose opinion you respect perspective.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:16 PM

Yeah, I assumed that going over key hands was standard, and talking on IM just after big hands, just the idea of the staker going through the whole HH after seemed odd. For some reason, it does feel like it makes more sense for cash games, not really sure why.

Hey tangentially related, is there a decent free site to play back tourney HH's? I used to have PXF but am not currently a member since i play so few tourneys (sad fact, the last 2 months I was a member there, I re-watched a certain tourney I played TWICE in their replayer hah, I was like an old man looking at pictures of girls he dated when he was 20).
Old 05-20-2007, 02:50 PM

tldr; but I had a stalker once too and she was scary.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tldr; but I had a stalker once too and she was scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

"hilarious"
Old 05-20-2007, 08:08 PM

This doesnt seem very out of line to me.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:37 PM

Yeah I sort of feel like I made it sound like I was against it or thought it was out of line. I really was just curious if it was usual or unusual (going through the whole thing). Definitely I wasn't against it at all.