Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 AM

Default ATo, capped four ways, mid pair

Okay, this was an interesting pot. I usually don't cap here, but I felt I might have an equity edge and more importantly since I had position I was hoping to free card a bad flop.

PF 3 bettor was new to the table, no read. UTG is 60/0/.53 after 125 hands, UTG+1 is 42/8/.84 after 76 hands.

Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (16.4SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

This flop sucks, I take free card.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.2BB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

This pot is big, so I have to bet now right?

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.2BB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

No one is telling me I'm beat still. This might be thin though.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 AM

Default Re: ATo, capped four ways, mid pair

preflop cap is meh, but i'm fine with it and your reasoning is solid. the rest is standard.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:35 AM

River bet is dumb IMO. All sorts of weak Qx hands will call you. HU it's an obvious bet, but I don't think there's much value in it when you have three opponents to beat.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River bet is dumb IMO. All sorts of weak Qx hands will call you. HU it's an obvious bet, but I don't think there's much value in it when you have three opponents to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this river 100% of the time. Look at villian's stats... of course they are going to call with a Q but they are often (usually?) going to call with a T, a 5, 77, etc.

Against good opponents I check.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:17 AM

How many players would have to be in the pot before you check? Because while one or two opponents this awful might call with less than what we have, I can't see cramming this by three players or more.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, this was an interesting pot. I usually don't cap here, but I felt I might have an equity edge and more importantly since I had position I was hoping to free card a bad flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather just call the 3-bet preflop and fold on a bad flop. You're not going to be particularly thrilled if an ace falls, so you really want to flop flush possibilities.

I'm not sure if I value bet the river, though I'm pretty tempted. I don't think it can be too bad of a bet.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many players would have to be in the pot before you check? Because while one or two opponents this awful might call with less than what we have, I can't see cramming this by three players or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think that the number of bad opponets matters much. Obviously the more opponents we have more greater chance that somebody will have a hand thats beats but also a greater chance that we will be paid off by something.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if I value bet the river, though I'm pretty tempted. I don't think it can be too bad of a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it could be too bad either. I bet, was called in two places, and was good.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM

Yeah I don't get the cap given the BBs projected range. It seems pretty clear in this hand that he has AK or AJ and you figure to be dominated too often to cap for value.

I'd probably bet the river given that the BB never has us beat and it seems unlikely that the others would check Qx twice. They might have us beat by mistake or they might fear a slowplay of sorts but I know I would bet it in an online game.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this river 100% of the time. Look at villian's stats... of course they are going to call with a Q but they are often (usually?) going to call with a T, a 5, 77, etc.

Against good opponents I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and .25/.5 mostly consists of BAD opponents. Not only that, but only the most passive players would check Qx top pair twice here.