Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Small pot OOP with TP

This is a Boragata 10/20 hand I screwed up. I quickly realized my error in the middle of the hand. Nonetheless even after realizing what I believe the best play to be is it worth it in this small pot.

FWIW the table is really blah. No action(EX. I only got one raise in with my set aces against set Q's before player went into CD mode with a fish between us). The only way I have been able to make any money is by stealing blinds every other orbit on average, but this is just barley keeping me even with the blind/time deductions.

Villian in this hand is somewhat decent. We have both been playing a taggish style and we both have been caught making some moves trying to get the best hand to fold. Not against each other however and not so much to alter our table image away from solid play but there have to be some question marks caused by those various hands throughout the day.

Preflop: Folds to villian on the button who openlimps. SB completes and I see a flop with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

(Note here I have seen him raise a MP limper and solid SB completer with QJo in the BB so this OL surprises me. He may respect my game too much to get aggressive with me or just one of his flaws. He may also have a big hand and the table has been so tight he wants action.)

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, villian calls, SB folds.

My range here for villian is Jx,9x, a draw, and still need to consider the premium PP 10-20%. FWIW I have all those options heavily weighted toward QJo as I think he would attempt a FCR with a draw in that spot and raise better J's and fold worse ones PF except for JTo/J9s/J8s.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero.....
Old 05-20-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Small pot OOP with TP

[ QUOTE ]
This is a Boragata 10/20 hand I screwed up. I quickly realized my error in the middle of the hand. Nonetheless even after realizing what I believe the best play to be is it worth it in this small pot.

FWIW the table is really blah. No action(EX. I only got one raise in with my set aces against set Q's before player went into CD mode with a fish between us). The only way I have been able to make any money is by stealing blinds every other orbit on average, but this is just barley keeping me even with the blind/time deductions.

Villian in this hand is somewhat decent. We have both been playing a taggish style and we both have been caught making some moves trying to get the best hand to fold. Not against each other however and not so much to alter our table image away from solid play but there have to be some question marks caused by those various hands throughout the day.

Preflop: Folds to villian on the button who openlimps. SB completes and I see a flop with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

(Note here I have seen him raise a MP limper and solid SB completer with QJo in the BB so this OL surprises me. He may respect my game too much to get aggressive with me or just one of his flaws. He may also have a big hand and the table has been so tight he wants action.)

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet, villian calls, SB folds.

My range here for villian is Jx,9x, a draw, and still need to consider the premium PP 10-20%. FWIW I have all those options heavily weighted toward QJo as I think he would attempt a FCR with a draw in that spot and raise better J's and fold worse ones PF except for JTo/J9s/J8s.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero.....

[/ QUOTE ]

against normal opponents this is a pretty clear B/F.

given your description here, however, I think I would C/C, as this is an obvious scare card to thinking villains, and he may choose to bluff at the small pot knowing that his probability of success is high.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:51 PM

bet turn if raised call then...

b/f heart river
c/c nonheart river UI

b/f J or T river
b/c queen river
Old 05-20-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn if raised call then...

b/f heart river